Breakfast!!

Options
taranew21
taranew21 Posts: 26 Member
The most important meal of the day. What do you guys have for your breafast to set you up for the day? I'm trying to think of some simple ideas that are quick and easy before i go to work in the morning :)

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Save some leftovers from the night before. Or freeze some things over the weekend. I used to make steel cut oatmeal in the crock pot on low and have that for breakfast. Now, I do not eat breakfast. It does not feel like that most important meal of the day.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    If i dont have time in the morning and make it the night before a few hard boiled eggs and maybe a light cheese stick :) If I have time to make it 1 scrambled egg with 2-3 scrambled egg whites and 3 links of jimmy dean turkey sausage its about 250 calories for that breakfast and its very filling :)
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    if you are triining unless working out in the AM all your organism requires is protein and fat.
    In my case, staple breakfast is either eggs, bacon and avocado or when in a rush chicken and almonds.
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Options
    I always give so much importance on my breakfast as i started losing my extra weight with this good habit.

In weekdays - My breakfast oatmeal consist of old fashioned oats, skimmed milk, fruits ( apple / papaya / melon etc) and nuts ( almonds / walnuts), 1/2 table spoon honey and 1 table spoon ground flax seeds powder.

In weekends - My breakfast consists of 2 whole grain bread, peanut butter / low fat cheese slice, 1 whole egg , 3 egg whites, 1 cup skimmed milk and some fruits.

My advice is always try to make time for your breakfast.

1. Breakfast ( means break the fast) is very important to stay motivated throughout the day.
    2. It jump starts the metabolism and helps losing weight. (Eggs are great breakfast to increase metabolism).
    3. With a healthy and heavy breakfast you feel full throughout the day. So chances of having cheat meals are less.
    4. A good habit.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    The most important meal of the day. What do you guys have for your breafast to set you up for the day? I'm trying to think of some simple ideas that are quick and easy before i go to work in the morning :)
    Um.
    Who says it is the most important meal of the day?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Today it was steel cut oats with banana and dark chocolate peanut butter.

But breakfast isn't really the most important meal of the day. Some people find that breakfast gives them increased energy and mood and decreased hunger throughout the day. Others find that breakfast makes them sluggish and hungry all day. Meal timing won't affect your weight loss (barring medical conditions). It may affect how you feel throughout the day, either positively or negatively. It's really okay to skip breakfast if you want to and you have no ill effects from it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Usually my cup of coffee and an egg taco or fridge oats. Today I had an open faced sandwich on half of a whole wheat sandwich thin, with green tomato relish, a fried egg, and a slice of veggie bacon. It was good!

This time of year with all of the delicious in season fruit I have been pairing a simple egg & toast or egg taco with some cantaloupe, strawberries or watermelon. So good!

On weekends my husband and I like to make a bigger breakfast at least one day. French toast, crepes, or some kind of pancakes. Lots of great recipes on Pinterest for lemon ricotta, pumpkin, chocolate and/or vegan pancakes.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Not the most important meal of the day, that's old BS. The most important meal of the day, in my opinion, is the one right after a beast workout to repair your muscles and recover, whenever that workout is.

But to answer your question, my breakfast is usually a double protein shake (I use Trutein) or an egg white omelette with tons of veggies and/or chicken and an additional whole egg it it.
  • rsensenig
    rsensenig Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I cook up turkey sausages in advance, then heat that up and eat it with a couple of eggs (you can do egg whites if you want to keeep the calorie count down). You add some whole grain muti-grain bread.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The most important meal of my day is the one that involves me drinking alone and crying.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I drink my shake from herbalife as well as my tea and aloe and a glass of water all around 7amish and i'm full until 10am when I need to eat a small snack. It's fast and easy, if you're interested you can contact getfit@healthyherbacouple.com in order to ask question or want help with your journey.

Sigh......reported.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Coffee. That's breakfast.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I eat Kashi Go Lean, light soy milk, and fresh blueberries (when in season), sprinkle the whole bowl with cinnamon. Two cups of coffee to wash it down.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Not my most important meal but for breakfast this morning I had 8 scrambled egg whites with green pepper,lean ham,chopped spinach and onion, decaffeinated green tea........ and also a orange.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat granola with yogurt! :) (Greek yogurt.)
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats!!

theoatmealartist.com
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 1/2 cup egg whites, string cheese, onions, peppers and sometimes a slice of deli turkey. I mix it all together, throw in the microwave at work for about a minute and a half...easy and yummy!
  • Mitsuo8
    Mitsuo8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a juicer/blender and have a fruit/vegetable smoothie every morning. For example Kale, apple, banana, blueberry....is one I might make to start the morning off. They are really healthy and give you an energy boost. Also surprisingly they are filling! I am usually not hungry until lunch after I have one.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    depending on my mood and what i planned at work... sometimes i do overnight oats, eggs (hard boiled or scrambled with cheese and salsa), sometimes just cereal, milk and a banana or other fruit...
  • topbrasscircus
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of peanut butter (I know, I know, sounds gross, but it's seriously good!) with 10 chocolate chips is what I usually have :)