Am I eating okay?

Options
So, I was just wondering if you guys can advise me on if I'm eating okay. Over the past few weeks I've done pretty well at cutting back on the junk food/sugary snacks. I've taken the flavored creamers out and replaced it with half and half, I'll try to reach for something like nuts or some carrots instead of chips, maybe some air popped popcorn. So anyway, here's what my day's eating looks like.

B - 1 english muffin w/ PB, banana, 2 cups coffee w/cream.

S - 16 "crunch master crackers" (That's a serving.) 1 babybel cheese, watermelon chunks.

L - Hamburger Soup. (Lean ground beef, onions, carrots, celery, black eyed peas, peas, corn, beef buillon, tomato sauce & seasonings.)

D - Baked chicken w/ steamed veggies and maybe some brown rice.

Any input is much needed! I really am trying to get my eating in check. I'm aware that I probably should start eating more vegetables and fruits in there and that's another thing I'm working on.

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Are you meeting your calorie goal and macro goals? If so, then you're eating ok. If not, then you need to rethink your diet. Your goals aren't just an upper limit, they are goals for you to hit.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    The food you're eating looks fine, it's the quantity that is important. Measure the weight/amount of everything you're eating and log it. It's simply calories in vs calories out.

Only thing I'd suggest is try something with a little more protein (eggs, ham, whatever) in the morning. It might help with any cravings for foods that would throw you off your game plan.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Context and quantity are important.

Your food choices look fine as they are. Do you enjoy eating like this? Does it keep you full and give you energy?

But quantity matters. How much chicken? How much peanut butter? Serving sizes can make a very large difference between a healthy diet and an unhealthy one. Even healthy foods can cause weight gain in large quantities. Are you getting enough protein? Enough fat? Enough calories? Too many calories?
  • runsmallx
    runsmallx Posts: 20
    Options
    For the peanut butter I have about two tablespoons which is a serving, I'll have about 1/2 a chicken breast because the ones I buy seem to be really big, for soup I had about a cup and a half. When I entered everything in MFP I had about 100 calories left over. So I'm not quite reaching my goal.