Options
Weight Loss and Fitness the Healthy Way
ADD A NEW POST
Home > General Discussion >
saraewhite
Need workout help
by saraewhite
Yesterday at 7:17 AM
I have once again become bored with my workout program. I started with 10 minute trainer went to Turbo Jam and Yoga videos off of YouTube. Need something else. Anyone have any ideas?

No gym it's just too expensive for our budget.

Want to walk but my husband's schedule is so unpredictable. He leaves very early in the morning and I never know when he is going to be home. Would take the kids but they can't walk for long periods well as long as I would like to walk and their pace is so much slower than mine.When I walk I walk.

What do you do? What would you suggest for workouts?

Replies

• queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Try something that you can do without going to gym. I heard T25 or Insanity is really good, but intense.
    About the walking, try findig neighbors or friends to walk with, or not listen to some music while walking. Another is walking to somewhere near your place, like a grocery store or anywhere that yoy can go to, so at least you got the excuse to ealk and go there.
  • saraewhite2009
    saraewhite2009 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I already have 3 workout programs from beach body and my husband won't buy me anymore since I get bored with them. So it has to be something cheap or free.
  • queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Oh i see. Hmm.. i think there are some Jillian Michaels video on youtube. Another option is to do workout plans that are free on internet. For example, if you want ab workout: search 30-ab challenge. Theres a lot of free workouts online that are effective too !
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    'Feeding Fitness' or 'Tee Major Fitness' on youtube.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I hear ya - I need to mix it up, too!

FitnessBlender.com

Toneitup.com

Youtube channels: RealFitTv, BeFit

http://neilarey.com/workouts.html

http://fitvillains.tumblr.com/tagged/Free_Workouts_And_Inspiration

Hope you find something that inspires you to SWEAT!!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    go to workout generator on Spark People; 4 questions, and a workout is pulled together. Asks what equipment you have available, etc. good luck.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'd be bored working out in my living room all the time too.

can you go outside at all, with or without your kids? maybe get a bike and a trailer to pull your kids behind you? or are they old enough that they can ride a bike or a razor scooter or something alongside you while you're power walking.
  • saraewhite2009
    saraewhite2009 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Depends on when my husband gets home from work. They are 5 and almost 8. My son has a razor but my daughter doesn't have anything yet. We are moving to the country in a few weeks so hoping lots of outside time and hikes in the woods can help.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Body by you - You are your own gym - nerdfitness.com ... all body weight programs that challenge you and don't take a long time... no dancing around lol
  • Mbierschbach
    Mbierschbach Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Check your local library for new workout videos too. I don't know about Stanley, Wisconsin but our local library system has far more and newer DVDs than I would even imagine.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Mix them up. Come up with a schedule so you don't repeat workouts. The same thing happened to me, I did Turbo Fire, Focus T25, various Jillian Michaels dvds and some I found on YouTube. Got bored with all of them, but now I've spread them out so that I rarely repeat a workout over a month. Example, last night (6/30) I did Core Speed from T25, it will not come up again on the schedule until 7/28. You have to be organized, I found a whiteboard calendar and once a month I sit down and organize my workouts. Check out Fitness Blender and BeFit on YouTube. I've recently found some cross fit type home workouts also. There are just way too many options for you to get bored.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Go outside, walk run, hike there's a whole world out there to see and it doesn't cost a penny. Also you may see this big yellow thing in the Sky called the sun. Exercise does not have to be in a gym or a 'workout program' it can just be getting outside and moving. Playing games with your children there are so many things.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    If you're bored- then what you are doing isn't hard enough.

Find something that's harder and push yourself.

This is why lifting programs run the same lifts over and over- because they still get harder- making it not so boring. Literally all I do is squat, dead lift and bench- my only accessory lifts are DB flies- good mornings- and the occasional set of dips and push ups- other than that- I don't do ANYTHING. I run a program that has me lifting 3 times a week- same lifts all week.

Still not bored- crap is heavy and I'm busy.

So try something outside yoru comfort zone- add sprints- or high knees- or use your kid as weights. boring just means it's not hard enough.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I already have 3 workout programs from beach body and my husband won't buy me anymore since I get bored with them. So it has to be something cheap or free.

Insanity is on youtube - so it's free!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    search pinterest under health and fitness. They have bazillions of different at home/body weight/anywhere/ no gym whatever you wanna call it workouts for every part of the body.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Body by you - You are your own gym - nerdfitness.com ... all body weight programs that challenge you and don't take a long time... no dancing around lol

Use the sites listed above and do the workouts at a park work the kids. They play and you exercise, a win-win.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube and search realfit.tv. I love these videos, there is a really good mix of them so it will take you a little bit to get bored.
  • curlergal14
    curlergal14 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5 and 8 is a great time for them to start learning to bike. And then I'm sure they'll be out-pacing your walking very soon!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Want to walk but my husband's schedule is so unpredictable. He leaves very early in the morning and I never know when he is going to be home. Would take the kids but they can't walk for long periods well as long as I would like to walk and their pace is so much slower than mine.When I walk I walk.

What do you do? What would you suggest for workouts?

Walk At Home or Just Walk DVDs......you can get lots of bootlegs off of YouTube to try......but they sell them in stores too. These are low impact aerobics....no choreography. You march in place, do knee lifts, do side steps....then you add arms, etc. The pace starts with a warm-up, but then increases. Newer (store) DVDs can have music only options & chaptering....you can skip around to favorite miles or make the workout shorter.

These are great for early morning (dark outside)....rainy weather, etc.

Jessica Smith also has lots of "walking" style and other workouts too

http://www.jessicasmithtv.com/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    What do you like doing? I primarily ride my bike. "Exercise" doesn't have to consist of bouncing around your living room to a DVD or whatever. Go for a ride, go for a run, go for a walk, go for a hike, go for a swim...go do whatever it is that you like to do that gets you moving.