my day so far

Options
have a look at my diary for today.....does it look okay? health wise? i'm trying to get on a good track! haven't been logging consistently because been busy running kids to various sports events and work, and home life!

Replies

• joebooth28
    joebooth28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It looks good to me :)

I know what you mean about being busy at home. I have kids and something is always going on. I use the mobile app and catch up when I have the time. If you know what you may want to eat the next day you can always log in advance and change it if you need to adjust. Otherwise when the little ones go to bed I have some time to myself to do what I want.

take care,
    Joe
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I've been struggling with my calories since I started on here over a year ago! I still don't know If I'm doing it right! i've gained weight, even though i work out. i do have my bad days, but I always try to make up for them. I asked the question because I find i'm hungry often! Like today....I had lunch at 11:30. here it is 1pm, and I'm feeling hungry. and i know, i know.....drink some water. Well I'm on my 2nd 24 oz glass right now! and my stomach is rumbling. So I need to eat again soon, but I feel like its too soon after lunch. Maybe I didn't eat enough protein at lunch time? this is the stuff I don't know about! i know that it's rare taht i that I net my 1800 cals that i have MFT set at. :( and If i workout ..... it's even worse.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Its not unusual, I think, to need a snack 2-3 hours after a meal. Try a spinach salad. A cup of spinach, a cup of other mixed greens, some light Italian dressing, and 1/2 ounce of crumbled blue cheese. Add other veggies as you desire. Very tasty, filling, and about 80 calories.

When I do PB&J for lunch, I've found a don't need a full serving of 32g peanut butter. I use 24g, its enough balance for the jelly, and cuts the calories back making room for fresh veggies.

Do you use a food scale? That's the key to losing weight, being able to accurately count & log your calories in. If not, then you don't know if you had 190 calories of peanut butter or 250 or something else. Repeat for other items. Even things like bread slices, wraps: often weigh more than they are supposed to. So break out the food scale, add more veggies for filler, and firm up the accuracy.
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For me the peanut butter and jelly on a tortilla would not cut if for lunch. I would need more protein to stay feeling full.

I am a mom of three and work full time so I understand you on the craziness! My recommendation is to plan ahead. On the weekends I try to make quick and easy foods to bring for lunch or to have ready for dinner. Examples would be soup (there are some great recipes on Skinnytaste.com - very tasty and very filling!) or something like chicken salad (also a great recipe on Skinnytaste). I pair those with quick and easy vegetables and I can have a meal ready in 10 minutes. On nights were the kids are eating on the fly (ie. sporting events) I have a protein bar in the late afternoon and then wait until I get home to eat myself. I find I eat better this way PLUS then I am not snacking at night after dinner because my dinner is later on these nights.

Good luck!
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I've been struggling with my calories since I started on here over a year ago! I still don't know If I'm doing it right! i've gained weight, even though i work out. i do have my bad days, but I always try to make up for them. I asked the question because I find i'm hungry often! Like today....I had lunch at 11:30. here it is 1pm, and I'm feeling hungry. and i know, i know.....drink some water. Well I'm on my 2nd 24 oz glass right now! and my stomach is rumbling. So I need to eat again soon, but I feel like its too soon after lunch. Maybe I didn't eat enough protein at lunch time? this is the stuff I don't know about! i know that it's rare taht i that I net my 1800 cals that i have MFT set at. :( and If i workout ..... it's even worse.

So you're saying you're hungry often, but you RARELY net your calorie goal , especially when you work out? That kind of contradicts each other.

If your consistently hungry, try consistently meeting the goal that mfp sets for you. You are meant to eat your exercise calories, because mfp already factors in your deficit for you. This could be very much why you haven't lost any weight since you've been on the site.

Edited to add: you would probably also have less bad days, if you weren't so famished and under eating on all of your regular days that you're tracking.
  • EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Canned soups (the light versions) are my friends for lunch with some string cheese. I can eat the soup more slowly, which enables me to start feeling full before I finish it. I then eat the string cheese right away. I get ravenously hungry around 3, which is when I eat the other food I log as 'lunch' - a piece of fruit and light yogurt. I really like to munch at night, so I try to save enough calories back that I can munch between about 6:30 and 8:30. I like air popped popcorn in the evening because the bulk helps me to be full without too many calories. It also gives me the sense that I really got to eat something 'snacky'.