Consistent Yo-Yo'er-I can only do this with support!

Options
Hey, everyone!

I'm 25 years old, about to hit a birthday, and I'm 24 lbs overweight. I never had a problem with my weight until I started working desk jobs at 21, and I gained a lot of weight. I lost over 20 lbs. a couple of years ago using MyFitnessPal and participating in a work Biggest Loser competition, but a lot of the motivation came from the weigh-ins I had to participate in. I've gained almost 30 lbs in the last year, working a job that required 60+ hour weeks; when I got home, I was exhausted. I quit that job last month, found one that will fulfill me and give me the time to really live and enjoy my life again-but I want to get to a healthy weight that will let me do the things I want to do.

I'm also a former runner and have run several half marathons, but I ran a mile yesterday and couldn't make it through without stopping.

I'm ready for a fresh start and have a better body image and outlook than I've had in years, but I want to be healthy. I'm hoping to find the motivation and support I need here, and I'm looking forward to "meeting" others who have similar goals!

Replies

• cedarkins
    cedarkins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I too used to run. Worked my way up to a marathon, but I slacked off and now running is difficult. I am working my way back to running because I did enjoy it so. Friend request coming your way! :-)
  • Binglebangle
    Options
    More than welcome to add me, daily support etc to keep the motivation going can never be a bad thing!
  • klyee
    klyee Posts: 8
    Options
    I too used to run. Worked my way up to a marathon, but I slacked off and now running is difficult. I am working my way back to running because I did enjoy it so. Friend request coming your way! :-)

I've wanted to run a full for a long time but haven't done it-kudos to you! I figure I probably better work on it sooner rather than later, and I'm planning to make 2015 the year. It's so much harder to run once you stop and I've been kicking myself for stopping, but it's just encouragement to stick with it this time because I don't want to ever wonder again where I could be if I'd kept running. I hope we can motivate each other!!
  • lattanicole
    lattanicole Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've got a borthday coming too and I know you can do it!!