What kind of results did you get from having a FITBIT?

Options

Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have a a couple friends who use it and have told me that it really keeps them motivated. I myself have never used one but I have noticed the effects that is has had on the people who have used it. If that's what you think will motivate you it seems like a good investment to have.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and it really keeps me moving. I also was in Denial.. but the fitbit doesn't lie.
    I have only been really seriously "at it" for two months.. but so far so good.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1341254-not-new-but-enjoying-the-journey-and-not-starving-myself

I love this!
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex that I got back in October 2013. For me, it makes it real, seeing the activity that I put out, and that helps me get more active and strive to do better each time I reach a new goal. I have lost 25 lbs (in about 6 months, but I have been breastfeeding so hormones have slowed it some) since getting it. The first few pounds were just by logging with mfp and doing exercise. The fitbit kind of gives me more information to work with. Now I know I need to get at least so many steps (or activity) to burn enough calories to keep up with my weight loss goals. That being said, it is up t the person to stay motivated by it. It's not magic.

The thing that has made me the most accountable was joining a group of like-minded individuals on the fitbit community. I belong to a group called chats, challenges, and laughs, and for me the accountability factor has helped me conquer holidays and lack of motivation. :) With friends it helps the competitive side come out and try to beat their daily steps.

That is so inspiring!
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I just ordered a Fitbit and it gets here on Thursday. If anyone is familiar with the writer David Sedaris, he has a hilarious story about his obsession with his Fitbit in this week's edition of the New Yorker magazine.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing all of your wonderful/motivating stories!.. I enjoyed reading each and every unique story! i am going to buy one tonight!!!!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    It keeps me honest. Two thumbs up!
  • CharlieOverby
    CharlieOverby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Zip. I have lost 20 in 3 months. I watch calories in calories out.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I have the Fitbit One. It has made me see the days that I am a slug and move more.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    It keeps me honest. Two thumbs up!

Basically what it does for me.

I thought that even though I was sedentary while at work, everything I do at home made up for it. So I thought that walking around the house, playing with the baby, and going up and down the stairs made me pretty active. It doesn't. Once I realized that, thanks to the fitbit, I started seeing visible results.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I've only had mine for a couple of weeks, but it really has made a difference.

First, I was shocked by how few steps I took in a day. Turns out, if I'm not working out, I'm not moving, who knew?

Second, I got the Flex and it is right there on my wrist where I can see it all day, making me think - how long have I been sitting? I should get up and walk to deliver that report, rinse out my cup in the cafeteria, refill my water bottle, etc...

I'm kind of obsessed with it right now :) Definitely worth the $
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight long before I had my Fitbit, but it has helped me increase my TDEE. More food = always good
  • mattbakhoum
    mattbakhoum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the fitbit flex, but i prefer the jawbone up24 - both have helped understand better how often i'm moving and how much i'm not. in particular the idle alerts on the jawbone are awesome. if you're idle for an hour (or whatever interval you choose) the band will vibrate to let you know. i use this as a trigger to get on the elliptical for 5 minutes or just get up and walk around a little just to get some movement if i haven't otherwise. pill reminders, alarms, better interface - it does everything the flex does, just a little bit better. the only problem is that after many recalls, the brand image is a bit tarnished, but when it works, it's fantastic.
  • tgates123
    tgates123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my FitBit One! I got it as a gift for Christmas a year and a half ago and absolutely do more activity because of it. If I look down and see I've only done 2000k steps that day I get up and move! On the other hand when I forget to wear it (I know this sounds bad) I'm kinda like...eh...I don't need to take the stairs..I forgot to wear my fitbit so it won't count. I know, makes no logical sense. They have great customer service too. Mine stopped working about a year in and I emailed them. I had no receipt since it was a gift but they had me photograph it and email it to them and they sent me a brand new one. That kind of customer service is hard to find.

I recently went to Disney World and walked 21k steps and I was sooooo proud! I've lost about 30 pounds so far. Ok, done with my lengthy reply but it's really the one thing that's made a difference..that and my fitness pal.
  • bobbyguns
    bobbyguns Posts: 33
    Options
    The Fitbit Flex is a great way to know where you stand deficit wise, and challenge yourself each day to make sure you're keeping things going in the right direction. I know exactly where I stand towards the end of the day so I can make necessary adjustments to meet my calorie balance. It's definitely helped me in my quest for leanness.

I can also personally attest to their outstanding customer service. After having the Flex for about 6 months, it came off of my wrist while boogie boarding in the ocean. I emailed FitBit; and after just providing a copy of my receipt and an explanation of what happened, they sent me a brand new tracker at no charge.
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip. I have lost 30lbs in 6 months! I started at 2300 steps baseline and now 6 days a week I shoot for 10-15000!
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Worth every penny. I too realized that if i didn't do cardio, I wasn't moving.
  • carolpa1
    carolpa1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I got a Fitbit One and yesterday was my first day. I logged a grand total of 3.121 steps, leaving me to realize that I need to get moving! LOL Today, I forgot to put it on. I think seeing the number each day will make me push myself to be more active, trying to increase my number.

Note: It doesn't work sitting on my dresser.
  • cdealtry
    cdealtry Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Spanner in the works here...... Have a Nike Fuel Band (there are other brands!) for over a year and it's great for checking your calorie burn and acts as a real motivator.

Highly recommend any way to improve motivation and this will without a doubt.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight before getting one, but I love having my flex, it's tells me the truth about how active or inactive I am being. More active = More food :drinker:
  • AutumnElf80
    AutumnElf80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Spanner in the works here...... Have a Nike Fuel Band (there are other brands!) for over a year and it's great for checking your calorie burn and acts as a real motivator.

Highly recommend any way to improve motivation and this will without a doubt.

Yep I have a Body Media, and it works on the same concept as the others. Without it I wouldn't be nearly as active as I am.