Not eating enough calories and don't have the time of day. H

Options
Hello

I've posted a couple of times about not losing any weight yet and I've realised today, after eating MORE protein and MORE regularly that I'm STILL not eating enough!

I have just spoken with my partner and he said he eats probably every two hours.

Iam a teacher and I teacher 32 children, 6 times a day, an hour a time. I get 15 minutes at 11.10 and 35 minutes at 1.35. That is the only time I get to eat. Because of this I don't eat enough calories.

I am reluctant to turn my chicken salad into a chicken salad sandwich just to gain the extra calories, as I find I bloat with bread and pasta.

Is anyone else in the same boat, as I've just come back from Body Combat having burned 620 calories and after entering that I have 800 calories left. It's too late to eat now (admittedly I missed dinner because I had to go straight to the gym from work after a department meeting)

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME TIPS! I'd hate that after all this hard work at the gym and change of diet, I don't lose weight because I'm not eating enough!!

Holly

Replies

• welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Can you drink some of those calories on the go in a healthy shake?

I really like the pumpkin oatmeal shake :http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/healthy-pumpkin-oatmeal-shake.html and you could totally add some protein or fruit to it as well.
  • holkeo
    holkeo Posts: 34
    Options
    Yeah that'd be a good idea x thank you
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Ready made protein shakes that you can drink, just like a teacher would drink coffee at her desk in class?

A lunch bag on your desk filled with rice cakes or carrots or something? Can you not nibble during class?
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher too and like you I know it is hard to find time in the school day to eat. However, I do manage 5-6 small meals every 3 hours or so. I have 24 students from 7:45 - 2:45. I have a lunch break at from 11:15-11:40.

I eat mini meals at the following times:

7:00 - mini meal
    11:20 - light meal
    3:00 - mini meal
    3:30 - 5:30 -- GYM TIME
    6:00 - light meal
    8:00 - mini meal

I changed the settings on my food diary to allow for all of the times that I eat since it isn't the conventional breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack.
  • MarilynMarie
    Options
    Drink ALOT of water also.
    Eat biggest meal for breakfast then smaller for lunch and smallest for dinner its a proven fact that it helps.
    Plus of course snacks possibly between your classes
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Hi, fellow teacher here. I know what you are staying - I get 10 minutes in the am and 35 at lunch, hardly enough time to use the bathroom! Anyway, I'd say eat nuts, like almonds. Bonus: You can eat them discreetly while classes are changing.
    Also, peanut butter on a piece of bread. I've just discovered Oroweat "Sandwichthins" multigrain - it's a superskinny piece of bread. It's like a roll, but if you take half and spread it with almond butter or peanut butter it equals about 1/4 of a slice of regular bread. I've been doing sandwiches with this instead of regular bread and it's not nearly as filling.
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    I have the same problem! I am a teacher and just do not have the time. I have been trying to nibble on things when I can. Right now it is apple slices celery with peanut butter. I cut the celery sticks into bite sized pieces so I can just pop it into my mouth in one bite.
  • steph61391
    Options
    Sometimes when I dont have enough time in the day to eat I'll grab a Cliff bar. There around 230+ which is supposed to replace a meal and give you energy. They look a little funny but there good and filling. I hope this helps and good luck :]
  • cathylooney
    Options
    Right there with you. Suggestions I have gotten are: protein bars, protein shakes, 6 mini meals a day. Breakfast should be the biggest meal, but mine is lunch or supper still. Eat almonds or walnuts in between class changes.
    Wraps or pita pockets are good for lunches or on the go meals- ie. tuna, chicken strips, veggies,
    My biggest problem is whatever my husband fixes for dinner may not be what I want or should be eating ie. hotdogs & fries, pizza. But we do have chicken, fish, pork chops also, usually with 2 vegs. rice / potatoe and home canned green beans or frozen corn. I sometimes fix me steamed broccoli.
    After writing this and reading some others today, I guess it really isn't that hard to eat the right things at the right times. It is more the changing and then making myself do it.