Advice please.

Options
I'm a 47yr old woman,5'2, and I weigh 174 lbs,I'm on 1400 cals per day, and I want to lose 50 lbs, I've set MFP to lose 1lb per week.,I also do 5x30 mins walking per week for exercise,Does anyone think is ok for me,and is there anyone else out there in a similar situation?:smile:

Replies

• SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I think you should break up with him.
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I think you should break up with him.

LOL
  • Janette3x4
    Janette3x4 Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi!
    That sounds like a good start to me. IDK about b1 lb. part week loss though. Maybe .5 lbs?
    I am a few years older than you, and have a few less pounds to lose, but I also keep my calories to 14/15k and walk everyday.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • ppmcauley
    ppmcauley Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks janettwernw, that sounds good!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    When I started I had no idea what I was eating or what I needed calorie wise. I let MFP figure it all out and I set my goal for 2 lbs. a week. I exercised a lot so I could have more calories to eat back. Tried to go just under my totals, goal plus exercise. It worked great for me after I quit eating too much on the weekends. Please don't go too low, If you log correctly on both calories and exercise this will work. Keep in mind that this doesn't end with you meeting your goal. This is a lifestyle change, you're goal is just something that happens along the way. I have been in maintenance for about a month now and I never really stopped, I just made some adjustments. Good luck!
  • cyndiee1
    cyndiee1 Posts: 24
    Options
    Try it for a couple of weeks and see how you feel. If you are tired and feel like you are hungry all the time, you may have your calories set to low or need to adjust the other ratios so you are eating foods like nuts that help you feel full. Not sure how you have your carbs, fats and proteins set, but I felt like the default carb percentage was really high and the fats low. Different things work for different people, so it make take some trial and error to find where a good balance is for you.
  • kateandkevin
    kateandkevin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation. I'm about 5'5" tall and as of this morning I'm 172 pounds. I'm 34 years old. I let MFP set my goals for me. It has me eating 1610 calories a day and losing 1 pound per week. I'm only a week into the program. I've lost 2 pounds--water weight, I'm sure. Walking is my primary exercise of choice as well because I suffer from severe arthritis. I don't burn many calories when I do walk because I almost always have my kids with me, but at least I'm up and moving.
    Slow and steady wins the race, I guess.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That sounds ok...I was at 5 ft and weighed 164....I personally would start at 1500 cals..no use starving if you don't have to.