50lb to lose... looking for diet pals. :)

Options
Hi everyone. Joined mfp ages ago but was never motivated enough to activity try to lose weight. Im back and determined this time!!
Would love to lose 50lb before I get married (no official date set) but id be pleased with 20lb!
Looking to add some diet pals to help along the journey. :)

Replies

• gofortigger
    gofortigger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find this program simple: Just log every thing you eat. Drink lots of water. Get on with life.
  • Moondara
    Moondara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi and ditto! I too have been on MFP for a while but this is the first time that I've ventured onto the 'community' setting to seek out new friends and hopefully stick to the plan. Motivation wise, I'm looking to lose weight so I can feel better about myself but as a longer term goal I'm going on holiday in December and have been given the heads-up that my boyfriend is going to pop the question!! Needless-to-say I don't want that moment to be shared with a sarong from my neck down to to the sand so I want to shift some weight. I'm more than happy to share the experience of dragging each other through this epic journey towards perfection (ha ha whatever that is)!!
  • Yatesy92
    Yatesy92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm wanting to loose a similar amount (hopefully more) - i'm wanting to loose it so i'm healthier to start a family, i got married in August last year, so i'm SO ready for this!!!
    Would love to keep each other motivated, GOOD LUCK!! :D x
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I've been here for nearly 2 years, lost 22lb and kind of stuck at that.

I always have an excuse to over eat or drink gallons of Savignon Blanc! Birthdays, other peoples birthdays, bank holidays and generally just because it's Friday! Now I've put 4lb back on and fear this will keep adding on until I was at square 1 or worse.

Feel free to add me and slap my wrist if you don't approve of my diary lol.
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have at least another 50 lbs to lose. I'm on here every day and log every ounce of food.. mostly it's bad
  • inthesaddle29
    inthesaddle29 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I have just over fifty lbs to lose 3 children and a loving husband... I HAVE TO GET FIT!!!
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Please add me, I have about 50 lbs to lose which seems like such a mountain to climb, it would be great to make friends along the way :-))
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I am looking to lose 50? I log in every day and am a loud cheerleader.

Cindy
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. The more friends, the merrier!

I have about 50 more lbs to lose myself. :flowerforyou:
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, but please note that I'm not on a diet... I've changed my lifestyle permanently and have re-learned how to appreciate what food and exercise do for my health.
  • neil_machen
    neil_machen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am looking at long term losing approx 125bs. I am at 30 so far so only 95 to go :( Every silver lining has that darn cloud :) Would love to be friends with people who have more than a couple of pound to lose. Add me! Please?
  • pinkfloyd57
    Options
    You could add me, love MFP....
  • katnunez1
    katnunez1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Add me!
    I'm looking to loose 15 pounds doesnt seem like a lot but its been really hard for me. I wan't some motivation.
  • Khiresha94
    Options
    Hey I'm looking to do the same thing. Im 210 right now but i would love to be 160. Im good with exercising (4x a week) its just my diet that i have a problem with, i have so many cravings... Anyone have any tips on how to fight cravings and stick to eating healthy ?
  • rocheeli1957
    Options
    Hi, I just joined MFP today too. My dietitian recommended I look into this program. I am at 199lbs and my goal is to lose 40-50lbs for health reasons. I need a buddy to work with and eventually succeed in achieving our goals together.

Hope we can be partners on this journey.
  • dillaniqueknight
    Options
    Hi you can add me. I have PCOS and Im looking to loose about 50lbs. I started my journey two weeks ago and its been going great :smile:
  • karenMcMillan0712
    karenMcMillan0712 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love MFP-6 days straight-like another I have changed my life style-My goal before joining was to loose 70 pounds, Lost 16 the first 4 weeks.then gained but looking smaller-So please feel free to Add me I to also sent friend request to some of you-Together we can change our life-
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!

I have over 50 lbs to lose total - my goal for my wedding in November is 40 lbs from my starting weight. After my wedding I plan to keep going for the additional 10+ lbs I want to lose. After all, there's a hot little bikini for my honeymoon out there somewhere with my name on it. I've lost 21 lbs so far and have just over 4 months to lose another 20 to reach my wedding goal.
  • stizneph420
    Options
    Hey girl!

I am on a similar track to yours, hoping to lose 50 lbs, and I'm 5lbs down since starting MFP about a month and a half ago. Previous to this I lost 125lbs on my own with diet changes, but am still overweight and hoping to get down to a healthier level.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me if you need someone to chat with! I'm trying to read a lot about taking better care of myself and how I can lose weight in the most efficient but healthful manner. Would love to trade tips or recipe's if you've got em!

-Steph
  • stizneph420
    Options
    Hey there!

Try keeping snacks around that are not diet wreckers, research low calorie options so you know what you can eat (pinterest and other websites have tons of suggestions!). Also, hold yourself accountable by always reading the labels on food and entering your intake on MFP. Studies show people who log their food consumption are more likely to lose and maintain weight loss.