I ASKED THIS ? BEFORE BUT I HAD TO ASK AGAIN..WHO IS 5'8 AND

Options
2»

Replies

• jillerin457
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 149. My highest weight was 159, and goal is 130. I currently wear 8/10 jeans, which may sound large for my weight, but I have an unusual body type.

Most of my weight gain is in the stomach/waist area, while my hips/butt/thighs are relatively thin. I don't know anyone else who has this problem as bad as I do! Even now, the rest of me is probably a 6, and could get down to the 2/4 range if I reach my goal weight, but this stupid thick waist prevents me from enjoying the smaller sizes!
  • mustang52
    Options
    I'm 5'9, 169lbs and most of my pants are a 10/12, depending on the make/style. When I was 155 (my goal weight...again), I was fitting comfortably in a size 9. I think it all depends on whether you have a small, medium or large body frame. I know I will never fit into anything less then a size 7/8 because my bone structure. Yeah, I am big boned.....honestly!!!:wink:
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on your body structure. I have gotten frustrated before wondering this question. I see people my height and weight who wear much smaller jean sizes. I just don't understand. Anyway, I am 5'8.5" and I weight 158.8. I wear a junior's 11 or a misses 12 although I could probably wear a 10 if I really wanted to, but they would be tight in a few places. I wore a 14 at my highest (209). I think my biggest issue is my hips :grumble:
  • Mizzporras
    Options
    I am 5'8" and right now I weight 190 and in a size 14. Before I got pregnant I weighted 175 and was in a size a 11. I agree everybody's body type is different. My goal weight is 160!
  • Asharp22
    Asharp22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and I weigh 171, currently a lose fitting size 10/12. I'm dying to be in the single digits. so far I've lost 28 pounds... got to keep going and get to that mystical size 8.... :) but I've got a booty and thunder thighs.... so maybe it'll never happen. But I've got to find out, so I'll saty on the path of weight loss.... :)
  • eparke8
    eparke8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there, i'm 5'8" . weigh 150 and am a size 6. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • amandakay23
    Options
    I weigh 157 right now, am 5'8" and am in size 10 dress pants but like 12 in jeans. I have a lot of belly fat though because I have had 2 kids and had c-sec with the last one. Depends on how much mucle you have too!
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    I'm 5.7", weigh 146lbs and size 10/12, but it varies for everyone doesn't it?
  • Jkreft5574
    Options
    I am 5' 7.5" and weigh 175. I wear size 10 in some things and size 12 in others (depends who makes them). My goal weight is 147. I need help drinking water and exercising! All I want to do is eat, eat, eat. I am 46 years old and have been on birth control for years. It would be great if I could magically lose weight once I stop taking the pill! But until my hubby gets fixed, I'm not taking any chances. No more babies for me at this age.
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am current at 210 and wear size 12
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8.5" and weigh 243 and am in an 18... but must be close to a 16 because all my 18s seem to be falling off me... I'm scared to go try on jeans though because I dont want to just buy more 18s!! it's been forever since I was in a 16 and I want that to be the next size I buy
  • erh2278
    erh2278 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 195 size 14/16 - when I was 140 I was a size 6/8...It really depends on your body shape, bone structure, jeans, etc. I had a friend who was 5'4" 160 and wore a size 12/14 while I was 180 and the same size jeans. I couldn't figure this out so I asked my doctor about it and he said I may have more bone density which will make my weight heavy. This is why I try to stay away from scales and stick to measurements...they are the most honest!!