"Healthy", low-calorie sweets?

Options
What are some options for somewhat healthy, low calorie treats? Specifically cookies and foods with chocolate.
I'd rather not bake, simply because it's not one of my talents. So, store brands (including health food stores) would be great.

Thank you so much!

Replies

• lemurianstar
    lemurianstar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you ever go for chocolate go for dark. Dark chocolate and sea salt may be an option...
    ...in moderation of course.
    I've never tried the chocolate protein powder/plain greek yogurt mix, thats an option too, LOADED with protein. Just check the powder can/bottle/bag for anything else you do or don't want. You can home-make your own protein bars, cookies, pancakes, etc. with different ways of using oatmeal, peanut/almond butters, nuts, fresh fruits, greek yogurt. Recently PinchOfYum posted a no-bake fruit pizza you can rip the crust idea from and just use as a cookie...worth a shot.

Here it is:
    http://pinchofyum.com/no-bake-mini-fruit-pizzas

Hope that helped a little bit.
    Cheers
  • jjulliee
    jjulliee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My sweet, somewhat healthy treat is usually dark chocolate (70 - 80% cacao) dipped in pure peanut butter (peanuts listed as the only ingredient). This isn't low-calorie, but if you eat *1* serving of the chocolate and peanut butter, it's satisfying and probably better for you than a few oreos.

Healthier, maybe trail mix...I usually mix up my own: raw almonds, dark chocolate (I like Ghiradelli since it doesn't have high-fructose corn syrup), and dried cranberries. I don't eat a lot of other sugar, so I don't mind dried fruit. But, it's higher in sugar.

I've been experimenting with healthy, tasty snacks, and also like: banana dipped in raw cacao powder or frozen grapes.

I don't eat high-fructose corn syrup in anything, and I've noticed cravings are almost nil these days.

I also found a "clean" "cookie dough" Greek yogurt recipe, below:

1 small container (6 oz, or 170g) of plain Greek yogurt
    1 tablespoon peanut butter (I use natural peanut butter, just peanuts)
    1 tablespoon honey
    ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    pinch of sea salt (optional)
    1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips

Not so low-calorie, but I still think it's a better choice than many other things out there, and you're getting some nutritional value.

On days where I've already had my sweet snack, I've also added vanilla extract or cinnamon to my coffee, which I already drink unsweetened.
  • jjulliee
    jjulliee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I also meant to mention, if you want your favorite sweet, just have it and move on. My husband still brings me a pint of Ben & Jerry's, but when he does, I just usually eat maybe 1/3 of the container in a sitting, instead of the whole thing (which is what I used to do :P ) I still love to pick up a massive cinnamon bun with an inch of icing at the Amish market, but I don't do this all the time.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    If i have a sweet tooth I usually want ice cream lol. I do the blue bunny no sugar added kind :) Usually between 80-110 calories a 1/2 cup :)
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Just tried one of these - YUM!!

http://www.yasso.com/
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have 60 cal vanilla pudding everyday for dessert. I love it.
  • BrouhardRj
    BrouhardRj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great Ideas.. everyone.. I have a major sweet tooth.. Hope these tips help
  • Natalie1825
    Natalie1825 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for these ideas everyone! They all sound delicious. Can't wait to try them out! :bigsmile:
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Now this is my kinda question...

Curly wurleys 115kcal
    Freddos 95kcal
    Meringue is very low in cals
    Yoo moo frozen yogurt.. to die for. - put both together with strawberries for Eton mess.
    I also buy treat size bags of chomp, fudge, caramel etc
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Now this is my kinda question...

Curly wurleys 115kcal
    Freddos 95kcal
    Meringue is very low in cals
    Yoo moo frozen yogurt.. to die for. - put both together with strawberries for Eton mess.
    I also buy treat size bags of chomp, fudge, caramel etc

Defo agree on the freddos! Or the treat size, crunchies, chomps etc. Skinny cow mint choc chip "ice cream" is lush too.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Fruit? I find it's brilliant for quenching the wants of the sweet tooth quickly and without guilt or many calories.

However if you want something a bit more then I tend to make mixtures with greek yoghurt, you can add things like merigues and marshmallows and fruit, syrups, honey, cocoa powder (to make it into a chocolate mousse type thing) and it really hits the dessert spot and I can manage however many calories I want to go into it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I also meant to mention, if you want your favorite sweet, just have it and move on. My husband still brings me a pint of Ben & Jerry's, but when he does, I just usually eat maybe 1/3 of the container in a sitting, instead of the whole thing (which is what I used to do :P ) I still love to pick up a massive cinnamon bun with an inch of icing at the Amish market, but I don't do this all the time.

this... have whatever you fancy, as long as it fits you calories and macros
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would try fruit with a little bit of sweets to it, yogurt dipped strawberries or dark chocolate dipped cherries.
  • LucyBzz
    LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been eating meringue nests with lowcal yogurt/fromage frais/creme fraiche and fruit or maybe just a sprinkling of nuts

However I agreee with the others - eat what you fancy & make it work in your day!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Just tried one of these - YUM!!

http://www.yasso.com/

I think the only way people can consider those YUM is if they haven't had sweets for so long that they forgot what real sweets taste like. They are pretty much tasteless, IMO. I was very disappointed and glad I only bought one box.

Personally, for under 150 calories treats, I like

Trader Joe's 100 calorie chocolate bars
    Nestle Little Drums (110-130 calories)
    Good Humor snack pops (100 calories)
    Healthy Choice 100 calorie frozen yogurt cups
    Yoplait Greek yogurt pops (the caramel/honey one is delicious for 90 calories, way better than that Yasso crap)
    Kozy Shack puddings (130 calories - I didn't like the aftertaste of the 90 calories ones at all)
    I love plain nonfat Greek yogurt with some PB2 and some stevia as well, or just with chestnut cream, if you can find some
    Breyer's ice cream is not bad for 130-140 calories a serving

Otherwise, I just make what I want fit in my calories as much as possible.