Cheese

Options
What cheese is considered healthiest?? We are making home made pizza's tomorrow and I want to get a healthier cheese for my pizza. My guess is feta or ricotta??

Replies

• juliec0619
    juliec0619 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know that you can buy fat free feta that is really good. It tastes just like the real thing if you like feta!
  • elloradannon
    Options
    I use a cheese substitute called Daiya- it's also soy free and made from vegetable protein. It's very delicious and tastes much better than any fat free or low fat cheese I've tasted. You can find it at most health food stores, or in some regular grocery stores in their health food isle. We buy ours at Sprouts or Whole Foods
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I do love feta!

And I've never heard of Daiya but I would love to try it! I'll see if I can find some tonight. Thanks! :)
  • flabtofabulous
    flabtofabulous Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    idk, but i just use low fat mozarella and only put a little* put lots of veggies and sauce you don't need too much cheese at all!! : )) olives, mushrooms, green peppers, even cut up grilled chicken then sprinkle a little feta cheese on top and minced garlic...oO and use a whole wheat pizza dough for the crust, that is the pizza i make every couple weeks...soooOo good!! =D
    smile <3
  • mandypizzle
    Options
    Oooohhh YUMMM!! Where do you get your pizza dough?? We usually use flat bread or ww pitas. I've never noticed ww dough!
    idk, but i just use low fat mozarella and only put a little* put lots of veggies and sauce you don't need too much cheese at all!! : )) olives, mushrooms, green peppers, even cut up grilled chicken then sprinkle a little feta cheese on top and minced garlic...oO and use a whole wheat pizza dough for the crust, that is the pizza i make every couple weeks...soooOo good!! =D
    smile <3
  • flabtofabulous
    flabtofabulous Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i make all of my dough and any bread products we use. pizza dough is sooo easy to make!!! you can google some recipes online or i can pm you mine : ))
    smile <3
  • mandypizzle
    Options
    Thank you sweetness!! I will do that!