day streak, will i lose it?

Options
salvationsdying
salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
My family goes camping once a year. There's no moblie service out there so I'm gonna have to quick add my calories. Will I lose my streak since it can't sync with the server? Just wondering. Id like we keep it. It reminds me how far I've come.

Replies

• runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    No you won't. It logs when you log in, not whether or not you log your food.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    So if I log my food for several days in advance then don't log in on those days (due to no reception), will it still consider it a streak or break the cycle?
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am going on a cruise and unwilling to pay for wifi so my streak will be gone but that is okay
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I think if you don't log in (connect with the server) every day that you will lose the streak. But hey - this is life, we can't be on wifi every day!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You lose your streak if you don't log into MFP
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    So if I log my food for several days in advance then don't log in on those days (due to no reception), will it still consider it a streak or break the cycle?

If you don't log in you lose the streak. If you log in, but don't log your food, you don't.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    You will lose it, but you can ask to have the streak counter restored, by contacting the admins on the site. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere on this site.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will lose it, but yes you can definitely get it reset by the admins.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    if you lose it.. mfp will reset it back if you use this link..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

For the record, MB didn't lose her streak even when she had brain surgery. :flowerforyou:
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options

Just for the record though MB didn't even lose her streak when she had brain surgery ;)
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Just for one more record, MB didn't even lose her streak when she had brain surgery
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I always lose my streak at around the day thirty mark, even though I've been logged in every day since January. I'm assuming it's just a fault within my profile, and I don't really care anyway. It's just a number on the screen, I know I've logged. I'm not going to "win" anything or whatever. But yeah, I can understand how it can really motivate some people. So as someone already said ITT, you can get it reset.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options

Just for the record though MB didn't even lose her streak when she had brain surgery ;)
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    What the duck is going on in here? I feel left out of the joke... :indifferent:
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options

Just for the record though MB didn't even lose her streak when she had brain surgery :)

And I went camping two weekends ago. Didn't lose it and didn't need to have it reset. I was still able to receive notifications but could not view the newsfeed or post. Guess the signal was strong enough to keep the streak going. Good luck!

Edit: typos... if I still missed some... my bad
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Just for the record though MB didn't even lose her streak when she had brain surgery :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You know, maybe there will be like one area where you can get a signal. If it means a lot to you, you should see if you can find a way to log in! I even logged in when I was at Disneyland.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    is there a broken record?

ummm anyways MB didn't lose anything. Even during surgery. Of her brain. I don't even know but I'm getting in on this too......

tumblr_mifyvhymrj1rbnxz2o1_500.jpg