Frustrated

Options
I'm reading so many posts about how people are seeing a difference after just 10 lbs. I have lost 10 lbs and do not see one ounce of a difference. I'm eating right...I struggle with drinking all of the water but I am getting better. Just a tad frustrated and discouraged that I haven't noticed any difference in my clothes. Maybe next week.

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    If your not getting water in and eating foods that cause bloating or water retention. This will cause you to be deyhdrated and bloated.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    :Hang in there it takes time, trust me I know how you feel but be patient we are here for you and you must hang in there. Some of it .. I hate it when people say this to me :explode: BUT.... it might be water weight and that might by way no big huge change yet but it will come I promise you!!!! You can do this. Go to the sucess story links on the message boards you can see pics that will amaze and inspire!!!! Good luck!!! Remember you are not in this alone!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • trackgirl_08
    trackgirl_08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 10 lbs and I do not notice a difference in myself.....still wear the same shirt and pant size......I definitely feel your pain about getting frustrated about not seeing a difference. It will happen and eventually we will be like....oh there it is!! And it will be worth the wait.
  • jdigjudy
    Options
    I think frustration goes hand in hand with this stuff. I can see my own weight fluctuate by 5 pounds and not be able to tell any difference - it's that step on the scale and go "Yeah!" or "HOLY COW where'd that come from"... feels like the endless plateau.
    I hate it! But, don't let it distract. Stay the course. Blah-blah-blah. Eventually it has to do something, right?
  • AreneeS22
    AreneeS22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged... All people are different and lose weight differently. I just started again with trying to be healthy and lose all this extra weight after many failed attempts and have lost 6 lbs so far, and I do feel a tad bit different as far as having a bit more energy, but other than that, no change... my clothes still fit the same. During my previous attempts to lose weight I managed to lose 21 lbs and still didnt even drop a single pant size! I dont know how or why that happens, but sometimes it does I suppose... Just keep doing what you're doing and stay positive... you've lost 10lbs so far and thats awesome! :smile:

3482721.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. Just keep at it...everyone is different. I've lost about 20lbs and I can't c it and I can barely tell the difference in my clothes! Just keep at it!!! don't give up cuz when u do c and feel a difference YOU WILL BE SOOOO HAPPY! Well worth the "weight" :laugh:
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm so struggling with the water. I try to drink it all before 7 at night because I cannot stand getting up in the middle of the night and having to pee. This may sound like a dumb question but...does it matter if I just chug a bottle of water or do I have to just drink it normal all day?
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Water is boring for me and I could never get in the 8 glasses a day until I started drinking Crystal Light. I love the peach tea and the decaf lemon tea. They have so much flavor and are only 5 calories (I believe) a serving. I highly recommend trying it!

Also, when you started did you take measurements of neck, stomach, hips, etc.? Sometimes there might be a slight change in those areas that isnt' yet noticable. Just a thought...
  • LJ0125
    Options
    I can't have crystal light...even though I love the flavor! It kills my stomach for some reason. And a lot of the other drink mixes have red dye and I'm allergic (even at 27) Lol.

I didn't take measurements and now I wish I had. I think I'll take them this weekend. Thanks for the idea :smile:
  • AreneeS22
    AreneeS22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I cant use Crystal light either... Aspartame makes me sick (literally), but Crystal light does have the Pure Fitness now that doesnt contain the artificial sweetners (if thats what bothers your stomach) ... you could always just start adding water to what you normally drink, and each day gradually add more water .. eventually you'll be used to it and drinking water wouldnt be so bad :smile:
  • LJ0125
    Options
    That is what used to bother my stomach so I will definitely have to look for the Pure Fitness.
    Thanks!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    It depends on how tall you are too. 10 lbs on somebody 5 feet tall shows a lot more that 10 lbs on me ( I'm 5' 10"). As well, you don't usually see it in yourself. I was down 40 lbs before I started seeing a slight change in me.
  • tsez
    tsez Posts: 10
    Options
    have you had your thyroid level checked? a thyroid that is not working properly can slow your metabolism and no matter how hard you work you will show little results
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. When I lost the first 13 pounds, my shoe size decreased by a size-and-a-half. Yeah!!! How nice is THAT??? LOL. Then my bra size got smaller.

I'm still trying to get my butt to get the hint!!! Hang in there!!!
  • jala9656
    jala9656 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You will see the difference before long and you will glad you stuck with it.
  • LJ0125
    Options
    I hope I don't lose it in my feet...that is the only part of me that is small to start with! Lol

I do hope I lose some in the chest area...right now I am a 36DD and would love to lose one of those D's...