Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    :sick: sour protein
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Now my bottle smells like Vinegar and Puke...

Does anyone make a glass shaker bottle?

OK that seals it...I was on the fence but now I know definitely no protein shakes.
  • Possible_Infinity
    Possible_Infinity Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    tossed it and bought a new one...
  • superbubbles456
    superbubbles456 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    From the blender bottle "use and care" page on their website:

"Removing Odors from BlenderBottle Shaker Cups:
    Unfortunately, most BPA-free plastics are prone to retaining odors if not cleaned regularly. Try these tips for removing odors from your BlenderBottle shaker cups:

Fill the bottle with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and allow to sit overnight (with the flip cap open).

Sprinkle a piece of newspaper with water, or place several drops of vanilla extract on a couple of paper towels. Crumple the newspaper or paper towels and place inside the bottle. Screw on the lid and let sit for 24 hours.

Place damp coffee grounds inside the bottle, seal, and allow to sit overnight."

I think you choose one of those three options, not all three.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Wait.... they are reusable? If food or shake sits in closed Tupperware more than a couple of days it doesn't get opened!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    +1 for using vinegar and baking soda
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'd just throw it out. I mix mine in the kitchen, drink it and wash up the bottle immediately, within 20 seconds of drinking it. I know from experience what happens if you don't clean it up quick, and it doesn't smell good.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have had luck with plain old bottle brush, hot water, and dishwasher soap. No amount of soaking alone worked, I gotta spend some elbow grease.
  • I had mine for 4 years and still going strong. I just cleaned with hot water right after using it and let it dry open. In fact I just rinse and if needed use my hands to take anything off or the sponge. It does not smell bad ever since I adopted that habit.
  • hyperbolee
    Options
    A mixture of clear vinegar and baking soda is pretty powerful mojo.
  • operation6pack
    operation6pack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think you have to throw them out. Everything that I would suggest you do, you've already done. I use Nutri Bullet and I rise it after everytime I use it. Consequently, they have no smell. So if your not doing that, that will work. If you are doing that, you may need to purchase a better bottle.
  • Tsullivan415
    Options
    I use the cleaning solution Purify. It is made specifically to deordorize beverage containers and it works amazingly. It's on amazon prime or you can get it through their website at purifycleaner dot com