Doctor on the Diet

Options
Hello All,
My name is Sara.
I am a physician by profession.
I have been trying to lose 50 lbs for a long time.
Joined MFP few months back on and off, however have been jotting in religiously for the past month or so.
Haven't seen any results yet:-/,
Would like to join this community and see as where I am going wrong and in the mean time make some good friends working towards the same goal.
I have an Indian (Southeast Asian) background, and just have a crazy palate for Indian food.
Would like to meet people from the same background as well to see as how they are modifying their food and exercise.
Would also like to meet some physicians as well, if any.
Good Luck to every one.
Promise to be active on this site.

Replies

• Rachelaur
    Rachelaur Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara!! physician here. My goal is to lose 65 pounds, friend request sent!:smile: .
  • ssara124
    ssara124 Posts: 2
    Options
    Awesome!!
    I am 5'6 and weigh 216 lbs !!!!!
    Goal weight is 150 lbs.
    So yea, lots to lose.
    Are you in Residency or in practice?
  • beth3126
    beth3126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hello,
    my goal is 70lbs
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara

As it's all about CICO, weighing and logging your food religiously you will have to watch portion sizes closely. A lot of Indian cuisine is heavy on ghee, you will need to find ways to adapt recipes to make the spices sing without the added calories of too much oils.

I often make huge pots of vegetable curries for low calorific value and take fat smaller portions of dhals with lots of tempered spices in oils or higher fat fried dishes. Simple boiled rice weighed accurately is a much smaller portion than before, yet 150g is enough.

Good luck on your journey