INSANITY workout dvd

Options
Please please please tell me if you've done/survived this?

I've seen it advertised on TV and wandered....shall I? Looks a bit much for me, I'm more of a beginner

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I've never done it, its on my list though. I've heard is definitely not for beginners though!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Personally start with P90 or P90X and work your way up to Insanity...Or if your in good fitness now - go for it...Its all up to you. I've completed DAY 37 of P90 and lost almost 10lbs so far...I will be doin' P90X soon after P90 is done in March. Best wishes to you...!
  • bsw87
    bsw87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tried doing it. It was just too much for me.
  • aprylfischer
    Options
    I have done it once and am on my way through it a second time with a couple modifications. I absolutely LOVE it! It may seem like death at first but it does get easier as you do it. I didn't lose weight (I actually gained 2lbs.) cause I didn't have much to lose but I did really tone up. I saw results definitely!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout, but I would suggest something like Power 90 by Beachbody or Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred before embarking on Insanity for a beginner.
  • JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    Just go for it. The first time I ever did any of the BB programs.. I decided to START with a p90x/Insanity Hybrid. I may have to modify some things.. but I just went for it!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I did it last January/February after finishing 3 rounds of P90X prior. I did get into great cardiovascular shape, however I did lose some lean muscle mass that I'd developed from P90X. It's a hard core workout, and it's a very good workout, but I'll never do another 60 days straight through...it's just not soul workout.
  • Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just started, I'm on day 5. It's hard, but I was getting bored with the gym. I did Jillian Michaels firtst before I started this.
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I went for it, after nearly a year of being out of the exercise game I decided to just do it. It kicked my *kitten* but I'm glad I did it. I just need to get myself back in gear because I've taken a couple days off...
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I love this workout. Its def intense. Its the perfect name for it. I've tried completing it a couple times before but LIFE always go in the way. This time I'm 100% committed to seeing the whole way thru. I must say its week one for me and my calves are killing me. Decided to take rest day early and not workout today b/c don't think I would be able to do much. But I can't wait to keep getting stronger each week.