Need to start running

Options
Hey y'all I need help I want to include running into my walking I've been doing daily what is a way I can do that. I don't think I can go very long at first but I know as I get better I will be able to run longer. My mom just got me an iPhone what apps are good for walking and running interval's. Please feel free to ad me as a friend and I will do the same.

Replies

• daniel_parrett
    daniel_parrett Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    mapmywalk is a good one.

personally, I like the treadmill since everything is controlled and consistent.

if will be a while before I can run straight on, but I do intervals- one minute at a jog/run, 2 minutes walking.

rinse and repeat until I pass out.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That's how I started, with the treadmill and running intervals until I could stretch the time length... Then I started focusing on distance.
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The C25 app and zombie run 5K
  • Valerie992
    Valerie992 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good! Don't go very long at first! Increase as gradually as you need to, focusing only on the numbers that work for you, not for others.

I want to run as well. I miss it after an almost 3 year absence, and I want to do it right this time. That means not increasing too much too soon and avoiding the injuries that are the reason for the the absence :(

So many apps out there.
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The MapMy* series is great. I use MapMyRun, MapMyRide, and MapMyHike. You only need one account to access all of them.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You already have some great recommendations on apps. This is also a great read when you're starting out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1217573-so-you-want-to-start-running
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The MapMy* series is great. I use MapMyRun, MapMyRide, and MapMyHike. You only need one account to access all of them.

^^ Agree! I use MapMyRun. GPS tracking and it syncs with MFP!

Also, to help you start running, the C25K app is great. :smile: