I think I've been dumped :(

Options
Help! All of my faithful logging friends have one by one stopped logging daily, I've been stuck with my weight for a while now and need more motivation. I log every day and if there's a day that's busy I at least get on here and log something but I always come back and complete my day. I started in February of 2012 but didn't start logging until June of that year, I feel like lack of support has caused lack of motivation and I want to keep this up and blow away my goals. Everything I have done so far has been a learning experience and I would love input from others, so far everything I've done has been self taught. This last week was rough as I had a personal issue which kinda knocked the wind out of me, which I feel like it's not an excuse as I always say "No excuse is a good excuse", I logged what food I ate but lacked motivation to do anything else, but I'm ready to go and focus on my goals. If your an active logger and would be willing to add me as a friend please do so! I also use a fitbit band which I love, but again have a desk job and need more motivation! Thanks all ????

Replies

• stardisgate
    stardisgate Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am kind of in the same boat. However, I just started (or restarted) my weight loss journey. I need motivation more than anything. It sucks not having a lot of support. I mean , my family is supportive and so are some of my friends , but it would be nice to have someone to go through this with.
  • TwirleySlims
    TwirleySlims Posts: 112
    Options
    Add me if you like, I log 99% of the time :D
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    sent a request to the OP. but anyone is free to add me

I log several times a day, have all but completed my journey from 112Kgs to currently at 76.6Kgs.
    I still log every day and have many supportive friends who do to, mind you we are in Australia so maybe a different time zone for some of you

my diary is open for viewing by any friends
    and i don't plan on stopping logging any time soon, almost at 500 days straight so far
    I use fitbit aswell and get an average of 6Km's a day at work plus going to the gym atleast 4 days a week
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Um, hellooo? You've lost 98 pounds? I don't think motivation is your problem! :laugh:

Seriously, though. I'm here every day. I keep a tight food and exercise log and am always good for an "atta girl!" if you need one. Sending FR now...

:glasses:
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have been lax in logging recently, and am in need of motivation, I have sent requests to those above me.

I seem to have a problem with finding my metabolic rate, seems I gain weight and lose weight, the same few pounds.

I am trying to keep up with healthy eating and have broke my goals down to 10lb goals.

Feel free to add me
  • SMKean90
    SMKean90 Posts: 55
    Options
    I am kind of in the same boat. However, I just started (or restarted) my weight loss journey. I need motivation more than anything. It sucks not having a lot of support. I mean , my family is supportive and so are some of my friends , but it would be nice to have someone to go through this with.

Your very lucky!
    My friends just attempt to buy me ice cream, tell me im ridiculous etc!
    Sometimes family are good and supportive, sometimes they are not. One in particular is horrific!
  • alska
    alska Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    anyones free to add me :) i log in daily n logs or whatever they are called lol are open to anyone to read :):)
  • nobel99
    nobel99 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I log daily (coming up to a year) and have an open diary. I also use a FitBit :)
  • Cozza0730
    Cozza0730 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    e

It definitely help having people around you who are going through the same thing, worst part is when no one else is on board, makes for far more difficult decisions.
  • Imadorkable
    Imadorkable Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am on every day.
  • medavidcook
    medavidcook Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am on everyday and log about 90% of the time.
  • 1973mikeg
    1973mikeg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am on MFP daily.
  • Cozza0730
    Options
    Um, hellooo? You've lost 98 pounds? I don't think motivation is your problem! :laugh:

Seriously, though. I'm here every day. I keep a tight food and exercise log and am always good for an "atta girl!" if you need one. Sending FR now...

:glasses:
    Haha, Thank you...I had a few others on here and it seemed way easier to have support from people going through the same thing. Don't get me wrong, any support is great, its just much more motivational when you see others hitting goals...for me anyways! So thank you for being motivation!!
  • Cozza0730
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I know this will be helpful for me!! I appreciate it very much!:smile:
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hay there! (Yeah, that joke was just there and no one was going to take it.) As someone mentioned, you already lost so much weight! You are doing good! Keep it up. It's like that band Men Without Hats said: "We can log if you want to. We can leave your friends behind. Because if they don't log and if they don't log, they are no friends of mine!"
    I mean I think that song went a little different than that but, to be fair, they were wearing hats in the video, so who are they to complain if I mess up their songs.
  • Cozza0730
    Options
    Hay there! (Yeah, that joke was just there and no one was going to take it.) As someone mentioned, you already lost so much weight! You are doing good! Keep it up. It's like that band Men Without Hats said: "We can log if you want to. We can leave your friends behind. Because if they don't log and if they don't log, they are no friends of mine!"
    I mean I think that song went a little different than that but, to be fair, they were wearing hats in the video, so who are they to complain if I mess up their songs.

HAHA...My caption for that picture was Oh...HAYYYY, so I get it!! Its been a long road and I have lost a lot of weight but now being in the homestretch of it I feel like its so much more difficult, especially since the people around me have grown way too relaxed and have the mentality that "just one here or a little of that there won't be too bad for you." I've worked hard and want to reach and destroy my goal, until then I feel that its all for nothing, so I just keep on going!!
  • Cozza0730
    Options
    I seriously doubt many on MFP have the number of friends I do.

You're probably right, I know that when I started this it was something personal and I was and still am kind of embarrassed, maybe more ashamed talking about, don't know why I just know that I am...