Hello Everyone, Yet another attemp to 'Healthy Eat!

Options
lubylu37
lubylu37 Posts: 25 Member
Hello

I am having another attempt at healthy eating. I struggle, like most you you I'm sure, but I feel it takes me such a long time to lose weight having to do soo much, reducing calories, exercising, and for what, a possible 1/2lb maybe, at a push a 1lb per week, and that's not every week.

It has taken me 1 year to lose 1.5 stone and that was 1200 calories and exercise every other day!

I know your only supposed to look at a 2lb loss per week but I feel I do soo much and get so little in return, I give up and think what's the point. I don't put the weight back on but don't lose any either, and then I'll start again, and that's where I am today...starting again, but this time I'm hoping I can encourage and be encouraged to continue to my goal.

I'm motivated and looking forward to it.

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    you can lose as many lbs in a week as you can. as long as you are eating healthy. you need to figure out your bmr and go from there.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It takes some time to gain the weight and it takes some time to lose it. Diets that cause you to lose more than 2 pounds a week are hard to maintain over a long period of time. MFP is easy. I love the large data base that makes logging so easy to do. It holds me accountible to exercise and stay at my calorie limit. The more I exercise, the more I can eat. It really does work. Give it a try.
  • lubylu37
    Options
    I do get a little confused, if I have a 1500 calorie target and in exercise I look at burning 300 calories does that mean I should be eating 1800 calories to net 1500 or eat 1500 and net 1200.

I think this is where I go wrong, any advice?
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    MFP would suggest that if you burn 300 calories, you should eat as many of those 300 calories back as possible to keep your body working and so that you can keep losing.

However, I rarely eat all or even most of my calories back.

I say you try eating them and then if you don't lose try just sticking to your daily allotment.
  • Mischabella
    Options
    Welcome to MFP..this is a great place :) I have lost 20 since joining. I agree about the exercise calories..I don't touch mine rarely.I try to stay under my daily calorie goal.

Keep up the good work!
  • lubylu37
    Options
    Hello again!

Well my last attempt at losing weight failed in me 'giving up' I got too demotivated with my bodies lack of interest in shedding a few pounds despite to whole effort I put in but here I am again, trying to do the same thing. This time I am armed with a mobile app and I'm back on the treadmill doing the couch to 5k, it was my first day yesterday running and I'm feeling good so far.

Let's see what happens this time ... I WILL succeed ... maybe?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello again!

Well my last attempt at losing weight failed in me 'giving up' I got too demotivated with my bodies lack of interest in shedding a few pounds despite to whole effort I put in but here I am again, trying to do the same thing. This time I am armed with a mobile app and I'm back on the treadmill doing the couch to 5k, it was my first day yesterday running and I'm feeling good so far.

Let's see what happens this time ... I WILL succeed ... maybe?

what are your stats and how much weight do you acually want to lose... you may be being unrealistic in your approach...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I do get a little confused, if I have a 1500 calorie target and in exercise I look at burning 300 calories does that mean I should be eating 1800 calories to net 1500 or eat 1500 and net 1200.

Have a look at this link it should help you set up your goals

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594

This is the only post I ever look for on one of these threads, and if its not, then repost it.

Its a great link, follow it, eat some food, move and be happy.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

This is the only post I ever look for on one of these threads, and if its not, then repost it.

Its a great link, follow it, eat some food, move and be happy.

This is all you need to get started. All you need to keep going, is the ability to make some habits around eating and exercising. All up to you!
  • lubylu37
    Options
    Thanks for the link I've had a read but the links on the thread don't seem to work, are they supposed to?

Appreciate the reply though ;)
  • lubylu37
    Options
    Wahhhoooo 2lbs lost this week ...get me! Now if I can only keep it up I'll be a very happy girl.
  • lubylu37
    Options
    I was 14st 4lb and want to get down to 12st 8lbs .. I know it's a lot to lose but I'm looking at 1lb per week, my expectations are not high. To be honest I haven't measured my waist or hips (mainly cos I can't find a tape measure big enough!) so until I do I'm just going on weight. You've posted a link to set my goals but when I click on them it says page not found, is there any other way I can see it?