moderate? light? what do you think?

Options
well, I've just found out that everything i was doing to diet was wrong, so i'm here once again to ask for the help of my favorite diet people <3
so, i do cardio every day (7 days a week) for an hour usually, sometimes an hour and 15, i weigh 127 pounds.
am i considered moderate? light?
i'm an online student, so the rest of my day just consists of being behind a computer or cooking something up in the kitchen and vacuuming around for about 10 minutes per day and that's about it.
what do you guys think? a little help would be very much helpfull !
thanks<3

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Really I'd say you're sedentary and just log the exercise everyday.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Really I'd say you're sedentary and just log the exercise everyday.

This.

I'm freelancing from home at the moment so other than exercise I spend my days on my laptop. I've set my activity level as sedentary and then I log exercise on top.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    7+ hours of exercise per week is certainly not lightly active. I'd go with moderate. Don't put sedentary and log exercise unless you've got an HRM and actually know a pretty good estimate of what you're burning. MFP estimates are generally high. And, if you're logging that much exercise, you should be eating a good bit of those calories back.

Is there any particular reason why you're not allowing your body to rest for at least a day each week? Is there a reason all you're doing is cardio? Is your goal muscle loss? If so, you're going about it exactly as you should. Let me guess....you're eating about 1200 calories per day, right?

Okay, I'm a b*tch. But my point is that there's a decent chance you're still doing a few things wrong. You need to add some strength training into your exercise routine and also give your body a day to recover each week.
  • mariaeli93
    mariaeli93 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    your help is well appreciated! i actually checked my BMR and such, and i'm eating 20% less than my TDEE becase 1200 is completely unrealistic. i only do cardio everyday because 1. if i dont i feel lazy and odd and 2. i only have a cardio machine at home and where i live in germany going to the gym isn't really an option.
    i'm not really following with the MFP calories and such, i was trying to come up with a good TDEE and usually they ask for my activity level so that's why i was wondering. i don't really know how to work on strength so much i guess i have yet to do some research on it. what do you think?