Anyone In Charlotte NC area?

Options
I'm new to MFP and am trying to find some local friends to add. There is a Couch to 5k starting 2/11 at Dorton Park in Concord and was wondering if anyone would be participating? I definitely am not a runner at this point but want so much to love it!

Replies

• Randi3434
    Options
    I am in Charlotte! I did not realize that they were doing this and I am interested.

I have tried to do Couch 2 5k MANY times and have never been successful. Did you sign up?
  • KeturahReed
    KeturahReed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in Fort Mill SC and really need more fitness companions!
  • jasont1354
    jasont1354 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How has the running plan been going? I did a 5k recently in Davidson and loved it. I think running with a group makes it so much easier. I just wish they didn't cost so much.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I'm in Charlotte. I don't run with a group though. Just myself and my Zombies Run 5k app or some friends.
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just recently moved to Charlotte. I run mostly 5k. Welcome to add me as a friend :)
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'm about an hour north but despite my profile pic, do not run. My knees and I have an agreement; if I don't run, they'll let me sleep at night. So, I walk for my exercise. Good luck if you decide to do it!
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in Gastonia, just outside of Charlotte. I have completed the couch to 5k, but not with a group.
  • alanbyamiii
    alanbyamiii Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Indian Trail, here!