out off all the star treks which one is the best ?

Options
303enfield
303enfield Posts: 239 Member
i love the original series but next generation has to take it which do you think is the best

Replies

• Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Next Gen will always be my favorite.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Next Gen hands down.

Liked some aspects of Voyager.

DS9 was *kitten*, and Enterprise was the toilet the *kitten* was floating in.
  • erkerns
    erkerns Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love Next Gen but I grew up with Voyager... and as a young girl I loved seeing a strong female captain. Voyager's my fave!
  • jroe3127
    jroe3127 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For the series, I think the original was the best, but I really had a lot of hope for "Enterprise". It was pretty solid at the start, but then ran off the rails.

I'm sure I'll get smacked around for this, but I really like the reboot movies. Sorry.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Loved Next Gen, DS9, and Voyager. I couldn't get into Enterprise. It just didn't feel like Star Trek to me.
    I'm sure I'll get smacked around for this, but I really like the reboot movies. Sorry.

Also with you on this. I thought the films were great.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I love them all. TOS and TNG are tied for my favorites, for various sentimental reasons. I enjoy Voyager and most of DS9. Hubby's favorite is Enterprise, but I'm meh about it.
  • navygrrl
    Options
    For the series, I think the original was the best, but I really had a lot of hope for "Enterprise". It was pretty solid at the start, but then ran off the rails.

I like them as well, although Into Darkness I like mainly because of Benedict Cumberbatch.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    TNG, Voyager was good but was officially inspired by TNG, whatever that means, so TNG hand's down for me.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    TNG and DS9. Voyager had potential, but got too bogged down in formulaic pacing. The new movies are just big shiny plot holes! I'd love to see a new tv series taking place after the tng/ds9/voyager timeline though.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm the black sheep of the Star Trek family - I love DS9!

Into Darkness made me want to burn down the cinema.
  • LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Wrath of Khan

/end thread
  • navygrrl
    Options
    I'm the black sheep of the Star Trek family - I love DS9!

Into Darkness made me want to burn down the cinema.

But... But!!!

9aBRLlJR6u4.jpg
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Next Gen is my fave. I love Data and Tasha Yarr
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    The next one...
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Next Gen ALLLLL the way. In fact, my fiancé and I watch one nearly every evening. I really did like the reboot movies as well. Zachary Quinto as Spock.... yes, please!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i will not choose and you cannot make me.

honestly, there are aspects about ALL of them that i've really enjoyed. even Enterprise - which had so much more potential then it was able to really explore - was a good show at the core. they just got lost in season 2 and couldn't find the path again, painted themselves into a corner and ended up cancelled on a sour note. and DS9, which was too far ahead of its time to really get into the issues of speciesism and their mirroring over to racism. if it were on today, it would be a grittier, realer show that could really make you think.

i'm enjoying Abrams' reboot. i think that they're in-keeping enough with TOS, but for a modern audience. i don't regret seeing them on the big screen so far. and when TOS, Next Gen or Voyager are on, i end up stopping on the station for a bit.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    From Patrick Stewart to Gates McFadden to Wil Wheaton, it just doesn't get better than Next Generation.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    DS9. It was the first one I really watched because it was in syndication at the right time when I was the right age to really get into it. It gets a lot of extra nostalgia points from me for that. Also, Cisco punched Q--another good go-to argument.

Nostalgia aside, TNG hands down.

I'm watching all of Voyager on Netflix for the first time, and am finally starting to warm up to it. I used to think it was the worst Star Trek, but Janeway is a lot easier to get into after they quit the heavy handed "because I'm the Captain" stuff. When they just let her be a good Captain the stories are better.
  • navygrrl
    Options
    I'm watching all of Voyager on Netflix for the first time, and am finally starting to warm up to it. I used to think it was the worst Star Trek, but Janeway is a lot easier to get into after they quit the heavy handed "because I'm the Captain" stuff. When they just let her be a good Captain the stories are better.

I think it starts getting good once they stop making her wear that crazy updo. I find it akin to how TNG gets better once Riker grows his beard. :laugh:
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

I think it starts getting good once they stop making her wear that crazy updo. I find it akin to how TNG gets better once Riker grows his beard. :laugh:

This^^^
    Also when Troi got rid of the Eiffel Tower on her head things started looking up.