1 year on this site 70lbs Gone! PIC!

Options
edstreiff
edstreiff Posts: 24 Member
Hello Everyone,

Can't believe how quickly this past year has gone by, anyway last year I got a wake up call, for years I had avoided the scale because I was worried about the number that would display, last year my back hurt so bad I finally went to the doctors office, when I stepped on the scale I couldn't believe what I saw 374lbs... I thought I was 300lbs at best but naturally I was in denial, after taking my blood pressure and doing blood work it was clear that I would need to be on blood pressure medication and statin's because of my weight or I would face the very real likelihood of a heart attack or stroke within the next 10 years, given that I was only 29 years old with two very young children that scared me and I decided that day to do something about it. I googled for weight loss tips and landed on this site, I began tracking my calories everyday and made radical changes to how I ate. Processed foods, sugar, and red meat were 100% out. Vegetables and Fish replaced them, today I eat a well balanced diet and take vitamins to ensure that I am healthy.

Today I can report that all my vital signs are 100% optimal/normal, all without taking a single drug, changing how I ate and dropping lbs turned my body around. I still have a long way to go to get to my goal of 180lbs but I am consistently losing weight and should hit my target around December of 2015. Once I hit my target I will start doing intense workouts to build up my muscle mass as right now I am starting to get a lot of extra skin, The thought of cosmetic surgery to remove it scares me so I am hoping I can tone my body enough to pull the skin tight again.

Another positive thing is my wife, who was also on the chubby side, decided to join in after seeing my results after a few months so now she is on this site and has dropped 40lbs herself, she looks great and its a lot easier to do this when you have a willing partner.

Thanks everyone looking forward to another year!

2s76tfc.png

Replies

• Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Can't believe how quickly this past year has gone by, anyway last year I got a wake up call, for years I had avoided the scale because I was worried about the number that would display, last year my back hurt so bad I finally went to the doctors office, when I stepped on the scale I couldn't believe what I saw 374lbs... I thought I was 300lbs at best but naturally I was in denial, after taking my blood pressure and doing blood work it was clear that I would need to be on blood pressure medication and statin's because of my weight or I would face the very real likelihood of a heart attack or stroke within the next 10 years, given that I was only 29 years old with two very young children that scared me and I decided that day to do something about it. I googled for weight loss tips and landed on this site, I began tracking my calories everyday and made radical changes to how I ate. Processed foods, sugar, and red meat were 100% out. Vegetables and Fish replaced them, today I eat a well balanced diet and take vitamins to ensure that I am healthy.

Today I can report that all my vital signs are 100% optimal/normal, all without taking a single drug, changing how I ate and dropping lbs turned my body around. I still have a long way to go to get to my goal of 180lbs but I am consistently losing weight and should hit my target around December of 2015. Once I hit my target I will start doing intense workouts to build up my muscle mass as right now I am starting to get a lot of extra skin, The thought of cosmetic surgery to remove it scares me so I am hoping I can tone my body enough to pull the skin tight again.

Another positive thing is my wife, who was also on the chubby side, decided to join in after seeing my results after a few months so now she is on this site and has dropped 40lbs herself, she looks great and its a lot easier to do this when you have a willing partner.

Thanks everyone looking forward to another year!

2s76tfc.png

Great job!! Your shoe size shrunk too! OMG. :) Keep up the awesome dedication. healthy is truly awesome!
  • mrspinky85
    mrspinky85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work. You story is great motivation for those of us who need a kick in the butt. Job well done!
  • hdacmom
    hdacmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • TWA84
    TWA84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats, those are great results.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I love this story! Happy for all of you!! AMAZING work... :flowerforyou:
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Great job bro! Its been just about a year and 70 for me as well! High five all the way! (And throw a high 5 to your wife for me too!) WHAT A TEAM!
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Very nice! It really does take a lot of hard work, something I think people don't realize until they have to go through it! Great job. :drinker:
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Thanks for sharing :-)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    WOW your feet shrunk too! That's so cool LOL!!! Great job. Your numbers are amazing!
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! The two of you look great! Thank you for posting your story and pictures. Keep up the good work!
  • edstreiff
    Options
    WOW your feet shrunk too! That's so cool LOL!!! Great job. Your numbers are amazing!

Haha yeah that surprised me too, I think it happened for two reasons,

1.) My feet have less...lets call it padding :) around them in general
    2.) When I stand my feet no longer spread out as much as they did so I don't need super wide shoes.

Like my feet didn't get any shorter, they were probably always an 11 in actual length but because they were so thick and had to spread to distribute the weight I needed a bigger shoe size to accommodate it
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!
    I really appreciate that you included your overall health stats also since I believe we should be focused on becoming fit not skinny!

Well done
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats to both you and your wife.
  • edstreiff
    Options
    Great job bro! Its been just about a year and 70 for me as well! High five all the way! (And throw a high 5 to your wife for me too!) WHAT A TEAM!

Thanks and congrats to you as well
  • edstreiff
    Options
    That is fantastic!
    I really appreciate that you included your overall health stats also since I believe we should be focused on becoming fit not skinny!

Well done

Thank you, yeah I included the stats because people on this site recommanded keeping up with them as they are a better measure of fitness than just weight alone. I also wanted to show people that its possible to get health stats by being fit and eating right, now I know some people are pre-disposed to higher numbers based on their genetics, I thankfully don't have any family members that are like that but its certainly possible to lower numbers without drugs, actually now that I think about it all the commercials for these types of drugs all start out "When diet and exercise are not enough...."
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats for sure to you and your wife! Keep up the great work and please keep us all informed, because it is truly inspiring to hear such stories. Good luck!:smile:
  • SteveCabral94
    SteveCabral94 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's Awsome
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great Job, the numbers are inspiring as well as the pics. Can't believe the difference in shoe size, wow! I can't wait to see numbers like that :) You rock!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud! The teamwork and support between your wife and yourself is such an added bonus!
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Great job, I love the use of the health stats, I think I'll use that when I hit my goal :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!