how to reset your days of loging in?

Options
I logged in one morning and it has messed my total of days up. What do I do?

Replies

• kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this too. I missed one day and it put me back to zero!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    That's what happens when you miss a day. I have 'heard' that you can PM a mod, and they can 'fix' it for you.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yea if you miss a day just Message MFP and they can reset it for you... But you need to tell them what day youi should be on.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If you're using the actual website, go under Help, troubleshooting and then select the topic that has to do with incorrect log-in days.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Here is a link for requesting to have your days-logged reset. I've used it myself once.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You missed a day so you lost your streak. Build it back in.

Tomorrow will be my 1015th consecutive log-in. I basically started one day and literally never missed a day. Even on vacation. Even when sick. I didn't log my food every day, but I made sure to log ON every day. This does not make me special. It possibly makes me kind of crazy, though.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I missed 3 days on vacation so it reset me back to a noob. So now people think I've only been here 10 days or something.. Next time I'm away ill at least log a glass of water of something up keep it from doing that.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    but the number is the steak number...meaning the number of consecutive days you have logged in...if you forget or don't log in you broke your streak...

Trust me I have been here longer than 1 month...broke my streak when I went to the cottage (no internet) and 10 days while in DR...

That's the MFP 'support at all costs' way though. It's Ok, little sloth... you didn't REALLY miss a day... MFP gonna make everything all right.

Band-Aid.jpg

37229855.jpg
  • ALNoog
    Options
    I don't care about the days I didn't log.. That's not the point... At least for me.....

I get the whole.. "Well what do you know you've only been doing this for 10 days" crap..... So if it could have two options .. One for how many days you log and one for how many days it's been since you started logging. Like logging for 120 day logged in 110 days.... Or something like that

Or started logging on this date and had logged x amount of times.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I just turned it off so it doesn't post on the newsfeed.
  • ALNoog
    Options
    I just turned it off so it doesn't post on the newsfeed.

I went to do that and I can't find it now that they did the new update today. I'll keep looking
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Your streak doesn't matter it's the ticker (if you have one) and your measurments and whatever your goals are as long as you are meeting those...that's what mattes.
  • mnoxon94
    mnoxon94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I know it may sound insignificant to many, but this is a huge motivation to keep tracking. Going from 119 to 0 really deflated my motivation, and this really helped

Thanks. :smile:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    If you choose not to log in then it's on you. IF you logged on your phone and it didn't sync they should fix it.
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    Options
    I think if they added a "consistently using MFP for #" of days in addition to the streak then losing your streak occasionally wouldn't feel bad. I lost my streak on Duolingo... I know I did it... I own it. But I still wanna see a counter of how many days I've been sticking to it.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    If you legit missed a day, they shouldn't reset. You aren't consecutively logged in anymore. I logged in on my phone, and for three days it said the same number, then I reset my phone, and my days were started at one that day... that's a reason to have it fixed. When I missed a day, I kissed my numbers goodbye, pulled up my big girl panties, and started over. *shrug*
  • Lost_in_Transformation
    Options
    Oh look... I logged in for 645 days in a row. I didn't log in today. But I don't want to lose my streak...

um... you lost your streak.

back to one you go!

Kinda like chutes and ladders. You land on the chute, you gotta slide back down!
    Sorry!

Speaking the truth! :drinker:

Sorry you lost your streak but don't fool yourself either. Days in a row shows your commitment to the site, your ticker shows the commitment to yourself :flowerforyou:
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I have only used the reset link once, as I updated the app and it set me back to zero for some reason, even though I had posted status updates and had forum posts from the day I "missed". Agree though that if you actually miss a day, it's back to zero for you!