my husband thinks im not eating enough

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetcocobunny
    Options
    If you're full, I really wouldn't worry about it. I'm the same as you - if I count calories, I start being bad and making all my calories go to junk food. Maybe you are eating a lot less than before and so it seems like a little bit to him, but that's the whole point. If you want to add some bulk to your diet, but not the calories, just add as many veggies and fruits as you want. :) Then you'll be eating a lot, but not gaining.

Also, I personally have lost 25 pounds by doing exactly what you have been doing ! Good luck !
  • LucyBzz
    LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    To be honest, if all you ate for dinner after a workout was a protein shake, yogurt, cottage cheese, feta and small whole wheat bun then I too could be concerned - I am guessing that if you'd sat down to a plate of salad with a good protein like chicken or something he wouldn't complain so much.
    He is seeing what you ate as very small/unnutritious/not very filling and is worrying about you whilst you know how many calories etc it has.

Perhaps you need to adjust some of your meals slightly to show him that you are eating a good plateful of food - it can still be very low cal/healthy!
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You are probably right. But I just don't have a time to cook sometimes. And other times it is easier to take this from a fridge. I know, lazy me :blushing:
    And I know he is just worried for me although I am doing fine and am almost never hungry.

I think it is a time to prepare meal in advance for my lazy *kitten* :grumble:
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    OP - You deserve to be commended!!! You are changing food habits and how you view food. That is fantastic! Speaking as someone who has spent a lifetime eating out of boredom, eating emotions - any emotions, eating because I saw it and it looked good, etc., etc., etc., you are doing a wonderful job of changing your mindset and your habits. And it is clearly working for weight loss.

It is fair for your husband to be concerned. Are you feeling any effects to your new habits? Are you tired, weak, ill, etc.? If so, then you probably need to track to make sure you are meeting your nutritional needs. If you don't want to see the calories, write down what you eat and let your husband add it up - especially macros. It will either ease his fears or there will be a true reason for you to look at the numbers and adjust what you are eating for your health.

Congrats on your loss so far and good luck with the rest!
  • hayleeg2
    hayleeg2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are eating healthily and you are full and not tired, don't worry about it. He's probably just not used to your new lifestyle. It happens to all of us, I think.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea.
    Count calories for what you ate today and then for the next three days so you have a picture of what is going on.

I didn't portion anything out today but I could try tomorrow. Meats is what frustrates me. I don't have and can't afford a food scale right now so I stick to measuring cups but I know meat should be weighed.

You realize you can get a decent digital scale for as low as like $7, right?
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    To be honest, if all you ate for dinner after a workout was a protein shake, yogurt, cottage cheese, feta and small whole wheat bun then I too could be concerned - I am guessing that if you'd sat down to a plate of salad with a good protein like chicken or something he wouldn't complain so much.
    He is seeing what you ate as very small/unnutritious/not very filling and is worrying about you whilst you know how many calories etc it has.

Perhaps you need to adjust some of your meals slightly to show him that you are eating a good plateful of food - it can still be very low cal/healthy!

Hahaha....this is a good one.... You did realize, that the salad and a reasonable serving of chicken has about only half the calories of the protein shake, yogurt, feta, and bun, right...? Who is starving now....lol

I hear this all the time, too. I watch my portions, say NO to sugary sodas, and if the family goes for junk food at the popular greasy chains, I will find a salad there, too. I'm 50, and I have the guns and the abs now to get my point across.
    Some people will pick on us at the dinner table, because they don't have as much control over the fork, others simply don't realize that the palm of my hand is so much smaller, when it comes to guessing the size of a steak... Everybody is different.
    To the OP: Congrats to finding a way that works for you! Stay strong, make sure that your body gets all the nutrients that it really needs, eventually the people around you will get used to it! Good luck!