over on sugars?!

Options
i don't know what i should do.. no matter how well i think i eat, i'm always WAY over on my sugar limit. i know this will inhibit weight loss, so i want to know what i should do. some days i go over by 50 grams! i'm eating salads everyday for lunch with light dressings, a yogurt or whole grain cereal for breakfast, and a lean meat with a few veggies or a starch for dinner. i don't know how to get these sugars down!

Replies

• tsmith6569
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same exact thing and it is very confusing!
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Not all sugars are created equal. Are you eating lots of fruits & veggies? Those sugars are not like the sugar in a cookie or in a cupcake.
  • lizzy1106
    Options
    The same thing happens to me too! I wouldn't worry about it...the lactose in milk products is counted as a sugar, but it's not like it's bad for you! I mainly focus on staying in my calorie range...
  • hmlayman
    Options
    Sugars aren't really something you should worry about considering they come from fruits, veggies, etc. It doesn't ALL have to come from those sources but as long as the amount your over equals the amount or less that come from good sources then your fine. Sugar has a lot of leniency unless your a diabetic or something like that
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I know how frustrating it can be, and i am in the same boat..i researched a little online, and actually the sugar intake and protein are a little higher then what MFP has...

from other posters here and from people who have success stories, apparently everything has sugar in it almost..for example cabbage, i didnt eat it because it has so much "sugar" natural sugar...but there is a difference between these sugars, its natural sugar, and its not necessarily bad for you.

I just stoped paying attention to the sugar part becuase no matter how much i try i can never get it to stay green. As long as i ate healthy, fruit, veggies, i dont care about the "sugar" but if i ate cake, and chocolate bars, and stufff like that then yeah i care about it.
  • juliatheresaxo
    Options
    yeah, i don't drink soda at all. just water or milk. and i guess the sugar in yogurt is from the fruit.

thanks for the replies! this definitely made me feel better!
  • mhuffstickle
    Options
    I'm a diabetic and it is hard to watch sugar intake. Everything "lite" has added sugar to help the taste but then with the regular "non-lite" you have the added fat so it doesn't help much and can get very confusing. My hardest problem is eating to much protein since I try to avoid carbs on my diabetic diet.

When eating, try to avoid plain sugar. Try things with Splenda and natural "sugars" such as fruits.

I hope this helps a little.