Pills or Supplements

Do any of you use weight loss pills or supplements? If so which ones work the best?

Replies

• jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    I like to use Optimum Nutrition or MusclePharm products for protein shakes, pre workout if I'm dragging a bit, and creatine. Outside of that maybe a multivitamin. Then it's all good clean food, cheat meal on the weekend and hard work in the gym.

Certain supplements may work better for you than others.
  • AngelMommy13
    AngelMommy13 Posts: 42 Member
    I am thinking more like a fat burner or something to jump start my metabolism...
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    I am thinking more like a fat burner or something to jump start my metabolism...
    There is no such thing as "jumpstarting your metabolism"
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member

There isn't any such thing as a fat burner pill or supplement. Why would you need to jump start your metabolism? Your metabolism isn't a car battery and can't nor need to be jumped started.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Do any of you use weight loss pills or supplements? If so which ones work the best?

The only thing that they cause to lose weight is your wallet.

Eat less, move more, and you'll lose weight.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    If there was a safe weight loss pill, all the doctors would be prescribing it to obese people and it would be all over the news for weeks. Everyone would talk about it. It would be the biggest news since 9/11. Maybe bigger.

If that pill ever comes out, everyone will hear a LOT about it.

Until then, it's all a scams. They're lying to you to get your money. Don't be fooled. :)
  • AngelMommy13
    AngelMommy13 Posts: 42 Member
    I figured as much... Just thought I would ask...
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    How about EXERCISE?
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    I haven't taken and won't take any pills or supplements. They are scams and have tons of risks to them. Eat right, exercise, learn to make treats just that and you'll get results without jeopardizing your health.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    I have not personally taken any supplements, but man no one has anything nice to say. :ohwell:

They are correct - there is no magic pill.

However there are supplements that are suppose to help you have more energy (thus increasing your metabolism and burning more fat). Again, I have not used any of them, but they are out there.

My personal advise is to get on a routine with eating habits and workouts. (Not "diets") And see if you notice a difference - if in 3 months you still feel like you need help - research it and make an educated choice. (Stay away from caffeine and diuretics.)

Good luck! :smile:
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    There are no 'quick fixes' that'll help you lose and keep the weight off. Find a routine that allows a calorie deficit without leaving you hungry all the time and a way of eating that you can do forever. If you just eat one way to lose the weight and then go back to eating as you did pre-weight loss then you'll put the weight back on. Unless you intend using shakes/ pills/ potions & lotions for the rest of your life don't use them now, you're better learning what and how much you should eat as normal and factor in treats and special life events (vacations, birthdays, Christmas etc).