New here and Need to get my baby weight off!!

Options
Hello everyone,

I have just started to use this application and I am excited to start on this journey to get my old self back. I must admit that I did indulge during my pregnancy and gave in to almost every craving I had..... now I am paying for it. I do find it extremely difficult to balance family and workouts. When my husband comes home I want to spend time with him so I dont want to rush out to the gym and well we have 2 beautiful children under 3 demanding most of my time during the day. I am hoping to find the balance I am looking for and the body I can feel good in!!

Replies

• Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm also here for the same reason, my daughter is five months old. I have already lost 32 pounds, the last ten are just not going away lol go ahead and friend me maybe we can help each other
  • Hertencia
    Options
    Hello Ladies!! I think we are all on the same path with the same goal...TO SHED THE BABY WEIGHT! I have 15 month old twins and just can seem to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Well have to admit, befor now I reeeealy was nto trying as hard as I should. But I am hoping with this application and determination I can reach my goals. Good luck ladies and please share with me any good healty recipes that are quick and easy to make.

Hertencia
  • shellyd2020
    shellyd2020 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. It is awesome and I wish you the best on your weight loss!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    What about a gym that has child care center? That saved me when my last baby was born. I also lost 90 lbs working with a trainer and am now pregnant with number 4 and I'm still at it.
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi there !

Same here... The compromise we found is to have our own threadmill downstairs. No getting to the gym and coming back waste of time, no membership fees, it's great ! I work out in the morning when my baby is napping and my husband when he comes back home from work. We're both getting back in shape,it doesnt cost a lot of 'us' time and we plan to run our first 10 k together in May. Its a great goal to share :wink:
  • k8tmama
    k8tmama Posts: 58
    Options
    I have a two-year-old and a three-year-old and boy do I understand! I feel like I'm resurfacing and finally have the motivation to do this. Welcome to the site, and feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • worthy16
    worthy16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree! Finding a gym that had daycare saved me! My husband and I share a car, so I have to drop him off every morning for work - I then immediately head to the gym - no excuses! I am in the car already, and I just go. My daughter is 14mo, she plays for the hour I work out. I get UNINTERRUPTED time, which is a big thing if you are a stay at home mom, AND I don't have to work out during her nap - which is usually ME time, which is also really essential for my sanity. This app has helped me pay attention to what I eat, but also helped me realize I wasn't eating too much - but more possibly too little! We are all there with you - getting off baby weight, but keeping our sanity too! Good luck!
  • atate24
    Options
    I completely understand! Just had a new baby in November and even tho I didn't gain but 5 pounds thru the whole pregnancy, I want to see myself healthier! This place is great! Everyone is so encouraging! Good luck to you on your journey! U can do it!
  • julzmamabear
    Options
    I'm with you tying to shed my baby weight, I have 6 children after having the first two (who are 11 & 8) I bounced back really well. It was the last four (ages 3, 2, 1 & 6 months old) that did the most damage, having them back to back has really made my body a mess..lol I have the same trouble with work, kids, hubby and trying to get to the gym...me and hubby are planning on getting some work-out equipment to put in the basement, so the kids can play, we can chat and I can work-out.
  • lucasdany
    lucasdany Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support!!! I am so happy to have found this site! I feel like a have a whole group of people cheering for me. Finding balance is the key.
  • momtoogscjsjds
    Options
    I'm brand new here too. I had baby #3 in June and I'm still about the same weight as delivery day. Not really happy about that. I'm breastfeeding and can never truly lose weight while doing it so I'm hoping this site will help and motivate me. I want to ultimately lose 60lbs and my goal is my 10th wedding anniversary in October.
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm here for the same reason, only my 'baby' is now 8yrs old:blushing: Good luck to you!