Determined to change

Options
Hi all. Well, I have been dieting all my life. I have been over weight since I was a kid but honestly I feel like this is the first time in my life that I want not need, to make a change so I can live a longer life. I'm tired of hearing people say behind my back about how pretty I am but how beautiful I would be if I got a lot of this weight off. I believe I have a food addiction so this is a big fight for me. I started last week with my change of eating lifestyle and so far I am down 13 lbs. This is my first time on here. I would love to make some new friends that are here to encourage and info me as this will be a hard battle for a lot of us. Hope to chat with some of you guys.

Replies

• melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This place is really great and there's always someone to encourage you. I'm going to send you a friends request. :)
  • lizzy1106
    Options
    Welcome! I think that you will find this site very helpful...I have! Feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • colleen1962
    colleen1962 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you are doing great! we all need to encourage each other!
  • noregretsnikki
    noregretsnikki Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to MFP too. I'm here because I need accountability. I've been overweight all my life too and I'm done being that way.
  • Grace619
    Grace619 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck to you!! I just joined yesterday and after fighting weight ever since I can remember, need to do something as I'm actually having some real health issues (as if I wasn't before, but ignored them) that are affecting my daily life now in some big ways. You can do it! We can all support each other together here! :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to the site! I agree, 2011 is the year to change and no more excuses. Add me if you like :smile:
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I promise you have it within you to do this. It sounds like you have the right mindset to succeed. My burning want to change has been the biggest drive to my success.
  • bandytoaster
    Options
    I am the very same, constant battle. Hate those comments about how pretty I could be if I lost the weight. Add me too if you want. And well done on your loss so far, amazing!
  • natalie1872
    Options
    :smile: Hello & welcome..
    You have everything you need...it has to be something you want for your own reasons.
    This site is amazing & so supportive.
    Give it your best & dont cheat yourself...every inch counts!!!
    I think your beautiful, but its what you think that matters most.
    Good luck and chat soon xo
    Nat in Australia.