Can I have some tough love please?

Options
I was doing so well with my nutritional regimen… I lost 5lbs bringing me to my last 10lbs to go till my UGW.. Then I don't know. stupid things happened…period…stress….lack of willpower….and I binged 2 days and haven't been back on track since. gained 3 lbs back….

I don't need some thats ok…chin up sweetie condolence…I do that too much to myself and it just justifies that what Im doing is ok. And I just don't stop.

any words of thought or motivation or tough love to help me put things in perspective would be much appreciated. I don't get any support here at home…

thanks guys. I'm feeling so down :(

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Throw away the remaining crap food in your house so you're not tempted by it. Get off the computer and go get some exercise-even if it's just a walk around the office. Drink a crap ton of water so you can flush the sodium out if your body. When you eat lunch today have a salad with protein. You're this close so suck it up buttercup!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Every day you dont follow the plan is one more day you don't reach your goal.

make your own support, put up sticky notes in important places that remind you of what your goals are and why: on the fridge or the cabinets put your calorie goal for the day and your goal weight. On your dashboard put a note that you will go to the gym after work or on your alarm clock for a morning workout. Things like that.

Also, calculate out what deficit you are creating each day and what weight you should be every other week based on that, write it out on a calendar. Then each night write how much of a deficit you actually created and the weights you actually hit when you weigh in. If you can see broken down how you are slowing down your goals it might kick you back into action :)
  • Irontri7
    Irontri7 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have two alarms set for morning workouts.

One says: "It's easier to wake up early and workout than it is to look in the mirror each day and not see what you like."

The other simply says: "KONA!!!"
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You need a backbone not a wishbone. Hows that for "tough love"?
  • lazydanthaman
    lazydanthaman Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    post-25179-you-can-do-it-gif-serious-rob-rnbk.gif

Keep-working.gif
  • Nckr66
    Nckr66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    All you can do is move forward. You messed up, but you can't change that. Everything you do from this moment onwards is entirely up to you, just learn from you're mistakes.

It doesn't help that you feel down. I find it almost impssible to feel motivated when I feel down. Take a time out to feel good, but don't do it with food. Do some exercise, go for a walk and get some fresh air or a bike ride, or even a swim, or play some sports with friends. Do whatever it takes to feel good without turning to food, and when you feel more relaxed, remind yourself how determined and capable you are of getting to your goal, and do it.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    One day at a time is my new saying. I just tell myself for today I'm going to do ... Then tomorrow I do the same thing. Nobody is going to do this for us. If we want it, we have to put in the work.

Now get up and move your *kitten* and drink a glass of water! You got this!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You're a girl who places in her age group and qualifies for championships...

I want to be you when I grow up.

Get up, get working, get to eating right.

Whoever is dragging you down, make them quit. You also need to quit dragging yourself down.

Not being perfect yet just means you still have stuff to work on. What would be the point of living if you had nothing to work on?

You gained a few pounds? Who cares, do a 50 mile bike ride and a 12 mile run and you lose them. EASY. For you.

Use Nate's idea for the "Kona" alarm, I know I'm stealing that one.

:flowerforyou:
  • zekerella
    zekerella Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    WOW. Can I just say that every single one of these replies gave me something I NEEDED. I just came back from my nike training class (1 hour of calisthenics) to all these awesome messages. Seriously you guys keep me on track and sane in all this crazy sh** and doubt. (can I just put you guys in my pocket and work out with all of you?) ha.

I am cleansing today with exercise water greens and protein. Then I am going back to sticking to my plan…I love the calendar idea and Im going to start that! One day at a time - I need to be my own support - put in the work and get results - don't feel good with food find alternatives - continue to flip off the world in a bikini haha and don't forget KONA! (well someday ;) ) amazing. lets do this sh**!

in 30 minutes I'm on the trainer then Im eating a salad, donating blood, going to work, eating grilled chicken and veggies then getting some ZZZZ. one day at a time. rinse repeat.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You generally seem to have it going on girl (three snaps in a z formation). I don't think you really need some tough love you just like to get smacked around from time to time...lol...sinner :smile:

If you really need some tough talk then here it goes......if you don't get back on track i'm going to fart in your general direction.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Suck it up and get it done, every time you feel like today isn't a good day tell yourself to eff off and make it a good day, now go crush some goals.
  • zekerella
    zekerella Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You generally seem to have it going on girl (three snaps in a z formation). I don't think you really need some tough love you just like to get smacked around from time to time...lol...sinner :smile:

If you really need some tough talk then here it goes......if you don't get back on track i'm going to fart in your general direction.
    hahahaha this made me lol
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    Don't allow yourself to give into the negativity your mind distracts you with because YOU KNOW you're BETTER then that - STRONGER then that - and fully CAPABLE of reaching your goals.
    SEE what you want, WORK for what you want and watch yourself ACHIEVE the goals that you worked so hard to get. Life was never meant to be easy -- So you have to EMBRACE THE SUCK and give life some ATTITUDE!