How do you sync fitbit to mfp?

Options
I just got mine, and cant find any instructions about how to sync it to my fitness pal...

Replies

• iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Have you tried smashing it with a hammer?
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I jsut got mine about a week or so ago. Basically once I set up the account and I am close to the computer it is plugged into it will sync. I do put it on its base at night. i have not worn it to bed yet. I most important thing I have finally figured out is that is allocated exercise calories by calories burned and that is compared to your BMI and not your goal. So my goal each day is 1200 and many days I barely get over 100 extra calories because my BMI is around 1500. It was stressing me out at first until I realized that.

A. set up your account at the address under step one on the tiny sheet that comes with it
    B. Go near computer or place on base.

Good Luck,
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I don't know but that fitbit sounds interesting .. please let me know how it works out once You get it working. I don't think there is any reason for me wearing one to bed BTW ...
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Go to Tools. Click on Fitbit. On the right you will see purchase Fitbit & Sync Fitbit. Click on Sync. Hope that helps.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You need to register it on MFP... it was under tools. Once it is set up, it will update automatically
  • jmp1031
    jmp1031 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Under tools, select on "learn about fitbit ultra tracker", it should give you the option to sync a tracker on that page. That's where I can see that mine is currently linked. It was pretty easy.

cole_carter- if you wear it to sleep with the wrist band it comes with, it also tracks your sleep patterns.
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just got mine, and cant find any instructions about how to sync it to my fitness pal...
    Go to this page http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/fitbit (it's under TOOLS on MFP) and click the 'Link Your Fitbit' button and follow the prompts :smile:
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have been using Fitbit since around the first of the year and have mine sync with MFP, great feature.
    It under Tools on MFP and click on Fitbit and sync.
    I did the sleeping with fitbit on for a while just to see how active I was in my sleep. It was cool seeing the stats. After a while I stopped, I didn't like having something on my wrist at night though.
    Another cool app is "Endomondo" that is a GPS exercise tracking app for the iPhone users. You can also sync Endomondo to Fitbit which sync's to MFP. Endomondo will show you the route you walked or ran, plus stats like speed, calories burned and etc. Then push the needed info to Fitbit which push to MFP. Very cool.
  • snowdrop_diva
    Options
    Another cool app is "Endomondo" that is a GPS exercise tracking app for the iPhone users. You can also sync Endomondo to Fitbit which sync's to MFP. Endomondo will show you the route you walked or ran, plus stats like speed, calories burned and etc. Then push the needed info to Fitbit which push to MFP. Very cool.

I Love Endomondo! There's an Android app for that one too, for those who don't have iPhones. :heart:
  • HIZGURL76
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a Fitbit but I was wondering do u have to pay to have an account with them to log and sync your information ......
  • snowdrop_diva
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a Fitbit but I was wondering do u have to pay to have an account with them to log and sync your information ......
    No. The regular account is all Free all the time. You can do the Premium membership for $49 a year, but it's not necessary or required.

I just use the free stuff myself, and love all it has to offer.
  • beckieleigh23
    beckieleigh23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I found this forum randomly because I was trying to figure out how to sync my fitbit to myfitnesspal and I'm glad I found this! I went to the apps section on mfp and it had a fitbit link on there. I just clicked on it and it instantly synced after I approved it.

I just got my fitbit a few days and it's amazing! I've been using mfp off and on for about a year now but what I didn't like was that it had no way of detecting the exact amount of calories I burned. I did some research and discovered the fitbit so to be able to combine the two is going to be extremely helpful for me! I can't wait to see what kind of results this brings!

If you're thinking about getting one, do it! The amount of programming that went into it just boggles my mind. It's so exact and it graphs it all out for you once it's synced. I could seriously go on and on about it so if you have any questions, feel free to message me! :)
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Once you know how to sync the two, click Dashboard several times to get the steps from your Fitbit on the Fitbit site. After that, click on My Home here and do a check in. It'll take a few tries but the actual numbers will come over from the Fitbit site and then you can check to see if you earned extra walking calories under Food. :)

Monica
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I got mine for Christmas, so I don't have a huge body of experience, but so far I'm liking it.

Two frustrations so far: I want to run to the computer and instantly see the 5 flights of steps I just did. It takes a few minutes to load up, it seems. Even so, it sometimes only shows 3 flights to the 5 that I did. Guess that just means more flights and a better boo-tay!
  • beckymorris68
    beckymorris68 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LOL...I can't even find TOOLS!!
  • emlynley
    emlynley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know this is an older post, but I've got some questions....
    I've only had my FitBit a few days and everything I log here syncs up over there. Will my FitBit exercise show up here on MFP?

It seems to work best to log food here since it goes over to FitBit really quickly.

MFP also gives me more calories to eat....
  • UK_Gal
    UK_Gal Posts: 25
    Options
    I got mine a week ago and it works great. I log food here and let my exercise/calories etc. update from Fitbit. As soon as they're talking to each other - you will see it works great.

Updated for typos.
  • 999peanut
    999peanut Posts: 14
    Options
    yes the exercise will show up on MFP and give more calories...

but beware.. I have noticed it adds calories after exercise but if I do no more and slow down it also removes those I have gained
  • Lost_in_Transformation
    Options
    I know this is an older post, but I've got some questions....
    I've only had my FitBit a few days and everything I log here syncs up over there. Will my FitBit exercise show up here on MFP?

It seems to work best to log food here since it goes over to FitBit really quickly.

MFP also gives me more calories to eat....

Basically you enter everything here making it easier on you. MFP seems to be the one site that works best with fitbit and I've tried all of them except Sparkpeople. Hope that helps.