out off all the star treks which one is the best ?

Options

Replies

• mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Next Gen hands down.

Liked some aspects of Voyager.

^^this
    DS9 was *kitten*

^^NOT this :angry:

I grew up on TNG, came of age to DS9. Never saw much Voyager or any Enterprise. TOS has some nostalgic value, but the production (and some of the writing) of the era comes off as corny to me.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm watching all of Voyager on Netflix for the first time, and am finally starting to warm up to it. I used to think it was the worst Star Trek, but Janeway is a lot easier to get into after they quit the heavy handed "because I'm the Captain" stuff. When they just let her be a good Captain the stories are better.

I think it starts getting good once they stop making her wear that crazy updo. I find it akin to how TNG gets better once Riker grows his beard. :laugh:

This^^^
    Also when Troi got rid of the Eiffel Tower on her head things started looking up.

:laugh: Okay, but Navygrrl gets credit for the Unifying Theory of Hairstyles. Eerily enough, I'm right where Janeway's hair changes and the episodes are getting significantly better.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Wrath of Khan
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    TNG.

When DS9 was on, I had Babylon 5 on instead.
  • hellsbell
    hellsbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a discussion about the ST movies, in which case: Wrath of Khan!

In lesser hands the character of Khan could have been a laughing stock but Ricardo Montalban played it perfectly. I remember seeing the film when I was very small and being scared of the ear-creatures.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm watching all of Voyager on Netflix for the first time, and am finally starting to warm up to it. I used to think it was the worst Star Trek, but Janeway is a lot easier to get into after they quit the heavy handed "because I'm the Captain" stuff. When they just let her be a good Captain the stories are better.

I think it starts getting good once they stop making her wear that crazy updo. I find it akin to how TNG gets better once Riker grows his beard. :laugh:

This^^^
    Also when Troi got rid of the Eiffel Tower on her head things started looking up.

:laugh: Okay, but Navygrrl gets credit for the Unifying Theory of Hairstyles. Eerily enough, I'm right where Janeway's hair changes and the episodes are getting significantly better.

Yay! I get credit!! :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • brianpride
    brianpride Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I must go with The Original Series! Even though production and scripting are a bit corny by today's standards, it was a true original when westerns dominated television. Besides, without it no one would have gotten to enjoy TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise or any of the movies.

That being said TNG took Gene's concept further than TOS could and will always be a very close second for me.
  • mank32
    Options
    The one where Vader cuts off Lukes hand and reveals he's his dad. Didn't see that coming!!!

get out of here. :angry:
  • mank32
    Options
    I must go with The Original Series! Even though production and scripting are a bit corny by today's standards, it was a true original when westerns dominated television. Besides, without it no one would have gotten to enjoy TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise or any of the movies.

That being said TNG took Gene's concept further than TOS could and will always be a very close second for me.

Agreed, agreed, and agreed. My mother is a dyed-in-the-tribble-fur TOS buff and she and I understand each others' perspectives well. it's a generational thing.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Captain Kirk ..... 'nuff said.
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love TNG, Picard being a bad-azz captain and all. But I have to say DS9 comes in real close behind that with Dukat being my favorite bad guy.
  • NerdyAdventurer
    NerdyAdventurer Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I grew up with TNG. I used to have the BIGGEST crush on Wil Wheaton when I was a kid.

Loving the new movies as well.

I also love that this is a topic on a health website. :)
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Next Generation is my favorite, followed by Voyager. I love the new Star Trek movies too, and it tends to give Trekkies heart attacks when I say that I like the new Captain Kirk better than Shatner (gasp!)...
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    TOS hands down my favorite. The characters have stuck with me for years and I marathon the series (movies too) at least once a year. It's the one I grew up with so it will forever hold a special place in my heart. TNG and VOY are tied for second for me.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I grew up with TNG. I used to have the BIGGEST crush on Wil Wheaton when I was a kid.

Loving the new movies as well.

I also love that this is a topic on a health website. :)

I also had a crush on Wil Wheaton, to the point where I joined a website forum that he created and initially helped to moderate (Teh Soapbox). Oh, the memories of being a monkey.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Film: Wrath of Kahn

Series: The Next Generation

But shout out to the original series, which actually is probably a lot better written and acted than it gets credit for. And Deep Space Nine, which is probably overall the best written Trek series of them all.
  • Finn239
    Finn239 Posts: 5
    Options
    For the series, I think the original was the best, but I really had a lot of hope for "Enterprise". It was pretty solid at the start, but then ran off the rails.

I'm sure I'll get smacked around for this, but I really like the reboot movies. Sorry.

Love the reboot movies! Next Gen is my favorite, but I do love Odo from DS9. That, and I got more Worf, only good thing about that series.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

We met Jonathan Frakes at a convention last year. My husband told him how much he like Riker's beard and we are now the proud owners of an autographed photo that says:

"To XX and XX, Rock out with your Riker out! Love, Jonathan Frakes"
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    TNG, DS9, TOS, Voyager and whatever the name of the one with the Quantum Leap guy (now THAT was an awesome show) would be last.

as for the movies, Wrath of Khan, First Contact and the new (first) Star Trek are the only ones worth ranking