Some Tips on Strength Training, please!

Options
Hello all! So, I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. I'm on Level 1, Day 5. I'm enjoying it thus far but I've also wanted to start incorporating strength training as well. When I used to go to the gym, I've always been fascinated by the weights section but could never find enough courage to make it past the big, beefy guys. I still have my membership at the gym and I think MAYBE I have just enough courage to not care what those beefy men think and just go to weights anyway. What I'm asking is if anyone has any tips on beginners weight training moves or anything that might help me get started. I've searched around on the internet but I feel more comfortable in the MFP community. Here's a little information on me if that's pertinent: I'm 23, 5'3" and as of June 24th I weighed 159.2 (I don't like weighing myself that often). I'm not incredibly strong at the moment but I hope to be soon. I'm just looking to do something different for once and something that I'll actually enjoy. Any tips or help would be much appreciated. Thank you guys for listening! :happy:

Replies