favorites

Options
delta1227
delta1227 Posts: 7 Member
I am looking for new, simple vegetarian receipes. I do not eat sugar and only eat whole grains. Anyone have one they would like to share??????????

Replies

• Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I like the gracious pantry, it's a blog about clean eating. When I started changing how and what I eat I used a lot of her tips and advice as a foundation and she also has information on how to subsitute sugar and oil for healthier options.

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/category/recipes/special-diets/vegetarian/

^^^ This has 26 pages of recipes that are all vegetarian.
  • Gimpypal
    Gimpypal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    One of our family favorites.....

Stewed Squash with Tomatoes and Okra

Ingredients:
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 1 small onion julienned
    • ½ of a bell pepper diced
    • 1 clove of garlic minced
    • 1 tablespoon butter
    • 3 small yellow squash sliced ¼” thick
    • Cajun seasoning (or other favorite spices)
    • 1 each 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes (can use Rotel and fresh tomatoes)
    • 1 each 10-12 oz pkg frozen cut okra

Directions:
    In a large skillet on low heat, sauté onion, peppers, and garlic in oil just until the onion starts to turn transparent. While these ingredients are cooking, slice up the squash.
    Remove sautéed vegetables from skillet and set aside. Add butter to skillet and turn heat up to medium. Add squash and, turning as needed, cook until slightly browned on both sides, then sprinkle with a little Cajun seasoning. Return onion, peppers and garlic to skillet. Add tomatoes(with juice) and frozen okra. Stir vegetables and cover pan. Let simmer about 10 minutes and stir vegetables.
    Reduce heat and continue to simmer until squash and okra are cooked to desired tenderness. Add more seasoning if desired.
    Remove from heat and serve. (Serves 4 at 112 caoriesl per serving)
  • delta1227
    delta1227 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you