Which C25K Program?

Options
Hi. I have been thinking of starting a C25K program within the next couple of weeks. I am wondering which one ya'll recommend? I have an Android device (Moto G). I'm not sure which one everybody likes, what the differences are, etc.. any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I used ease into 5k a few years ago. I think for the most part they are all the same. I happened to like the look of the app and it was cheap. :-)
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    The free android one is very good. Should be the first one that comes up. Unobtrusive ads on the free version of course.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.c25k
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i tried a bunch and settled with rundouble. it syncs with fitnesspal and it has a bunch of options like being able to do timed C25K or distance C25K (which i used because i did it outside) it also has 5K time improver, 5K to 10K bridge, and couch to 10K.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Rundouble!! Like someone else mentioned, it syncs with MFP (expect a gross overburn unless your HRM is being tracked thru the app too) but you get more programs than just C25K. That's great for when you complete the program and want to progress. It's pretty much free
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I use the podcast. The music is kinda lame but its pretty great for me otherwise. c:
  • MsValerieAnne
    MsValerieAnne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your opinions! So, basically, they are all the same other than design/layout, etc (for the most part)? I see a few RunDouble recommendations. Are all the other programs included (the full versions) or are they trial versions and if so, would it be worth it to purchase the full versions, or do the trial versions do it all?
  • twopeas2
    twopeas2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I used the zenlabs version and was very happy with it. It's free :)
  • ladyargentum
    ladyargentum Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't run with my phone so I just downloaded the myfitnesstips.com couch to 10K and altered it to suit me (basically I got rid of the easy weeks). There is a CT5k on there as well. I just look at the times I need to run and use my HRM watch. Not at all difficult to follow. But if your someone who will do better with your phone telling /showing you then by all means use them :)

Good luck
  • Sobus76
    Options
    Thanks for your opinions! So, basically, they are all the same other than design/layout, etc (for the most part)? I see a few RunDouble recommendations. Are all the other programs included (the full versions) or are they trial versions and if so, would it be worth it to purchase the full versions, or do the trial versions do it all?

I bought the full version to have all the programs, it's worth it to me. Because I plan on doing them.
  • AshlyRamos
    AshlyRamos Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you sign up for achievemint.com (it rewards you for using healthy apps) it will allow you to get the upgraded version of RunDouble c25k for free. :)
  • Sobus76
    Options
    If you sign up for achievemint.com (it rewards you for using healthy apps) it will allow you to get the upgraded version of RunDouble c25k for free. :)

^This :) i'm a 3rd of the way to my 50 bucks on achievemint :D