Sleep!!

Options
When I started 3 weeks ago I thought all this exercise and healthy eating would leave me worn out on a night, however I am finding the opposite!

It can sometimes take me 5 hours to get to sleep! and its not making things any easier for me. Anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since they starting losing weight?

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    are you following a low carb plan? That normally affect sleep. Try drinking hot milk before bed or a bowl of cereal if you have enough cals left.

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    check your calcium intake and if you're not getting enough consider taking a supplement at bedtime. I don't understand exactly why, but it helps me sleep soundly all night.
    goodluck!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Daily goal on here at the min is 403 and I'm getting about 230 on overage so maybe I'll try bumping that up and see if it helps, thanks :-)

Ben
  • cherbear7
    Options
    Try some chewable melatonin- tastes like mint =)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yes! Since summer I've developed fits of insomnia from time to time. It feels like my mind and body are constantly wired up some days. I love all the energy, lol, but I really love not feeling like a zombie the next day, lol. I prefer to get my sleep.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    What time of the day do you exercise morning would probably be better for you if possible
  • MsSaturday
    MsSaturday Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Some nights here recently I haven't been able to sleep either, I feel wired like I over did the caffeine even though I haven't had any. or sugar for that matter. All I can figure is maybe exercising too near bed time. Its driving me crazy though.
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    I also recommend melatonin tablets. It may just be a placebo, but I find it really does help me reset my "sleep clock"
  • Ben2118
    Options
    Yes! Since summer I've developed fits of insomnia from time to time. It feels like my mind and body are constantly wired up some days. I love all the energy, lol, but I really love not feeling like a zombie the next day, lol. I prefer to get my sleep.

Thats exactly it! I close my eyes and my brain says "DON'T SLEEP",

MsSaturday, same here, its really annoying and when you need motivation to keep going, something like this doesn't help at all.

I exercise in the morning except when I do my weights, then I do the cardio and weights together at about 3pm so still not late (and that's only once a week at the min)

Ben
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    Try some chewable melatonin- tastes like mint =)

We use melatonin at our house, as well. My son's pediatrician recommended it to get his sleep cycle back in sync. My husband also uses it from time to time as needed. I think it's pretty safe, and you can buy it over-the-counter at any drugstore.
  • MsSaturday
    MsSaturday Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I might try the warm milk and melatonin chew's, I was just thinking I might even try and do a little yoga before bed, maybe that will help to relax and sleep. I agree with you It is so hard to keep motivated on those nights and the next day when i am tired, I know its diet and exercise related its not my "normal" can't sleep or stay asleep feeling.
  • miucifer
    miucifer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep either but a calcium magnesium tablet (look for cal-mag citrate) used to help in the past, as well as the melatonin.
    Make sure your room is dark- that gets your melatonin levels up, naturally.
    Other ideas: hot water bottle on your stomach for a little while when you are in bed. I've found that this really helps me sleep. It warms your core which helps you get to a higher temperature. When you sleep, your temperature drops, and sometimes that causes you to wake up in the middle of the night. For me, if that happens, its wrestling with trying to fall asleep all over again.
    Writing in a journal at night helps, and some meditation. Journal writing is good because it gets all of those crossed wires back into place in your head, and if you write for 20 minutes, you most likely have run out of things to think about!
    Warm milk or a light carb snack at bed can help too. (I don't drink milk anymore at night, but I've heard this works for other people.)
  • Ben2118
    Options
    Few good suggestions, thanks. I agree on the not normal part too. It started about 2 days into it and is pretty frequent. Although me sat on here at 2am isn't helping lol!!

Knew I should of joined in the morning, haha!

Ben.
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I drink camomile tea and it knocks me out!
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Exercising too close to bedtime can keep you up, if you're working out in the afternoon/evening, that might be it.