Knee probs?

Options
meeyuh
meeyuh Posts: 38 Member
I'm a former athlete. Played competitive softball growing up and volleyball for funsies. I've definitely put on weight, but I never considered myself "out of shape". As in, I can still get on the treadmill and not feel like I'm going to die, can still play sports, etc.

However, last night, I did some light walking for about a mile. When I got home, my knee was swollen and I could barely stand on it. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I wear heels at work, but there is that.

Do y'all think that I could have actually hurt my knee by just walking? Or could it be some other underlying issue (which may actually be likely)?

Replies

• rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    It's unlikely, but it can happen I guess. No tripping/twisting/jumping/falling?
  • Kbelicious
    Kbelicious Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you don't have good support in your shoes and you walked both farther and more intensely then you are used to yes it is possible.

I can't jog, I get swollen ankles and knees - it's due to a car accident I had as a kid - I've got some alignment issues. I've started using a rebounder (mini-trampoline). It's incredible! I can jog on it and my knees and ankles are fine.
  • meeyuh
    meeyuh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's unlikely, but it can happen I guess. No tripping/twisting/jumping/falling?
    It is quiiiiiite possible that I twisted/tripped at some point. Naturally clumsy!
    If you don't have good support in your shoes and you walked both farther and more intensely then you are used to yes it is possible.

I can't jog, I get swollen ankles and knees - it's due to a car accident I had as a kid - I've got some alignment issues. I've started using a rebounder (mini-trampoline). It's incredible! I can jog on it and my knees and ankles are fine.
    Ooh, I will definitely have to look into a rebounder. My ankles/knees are definitely worn from all the years of playing sports, but I figured walking would be fine. Apparently not! Lol.