introvert trying to make friends

Options
I'm the quiet awkward person who has no friends in real life. We've moved a lot and now that were settled in a new state im too shy to make new friends. I'm a busy mom of 3. And my low self esteem doesn't help. I have a minimum of 100 pounds to lose and would love some support and motivation. But I need something more than just a "like" on a post. I've attempted a few times to get to know people better on here but I'm not sure if its me or if everyone in here is just so focused on their goals that they aren't wanting to chat and get to know people along the way.

anyways. Now that I sound needy and pathetic (which wasn't my intent) I'm looking for FRIENDS to support and get motivation from.
I'm keeping my goals small right now so I don't begin feeling over whelmed. I'm trying to just focus on 10 pounds at a time.(getting below 280 was my first goal. Now I'm focusing on getting under 270, etc etc)

I'm just eating healthier and eating less. I'd love to work out but with 3 kids, living with family, and all my kids activities I feel like I don't have time or even know what to do. So I'm up for suggestions on that too!

add me if you want!

Replies

• mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a mom of 2 with one on the way and I am a bit of an introvert in my personal life. I prefer a quiet night at home to a big get together any day. You don't sound needy and pathetic to me :> Finding time for exercise is hard. Do your kids have activities in the morning on weekend? Maybe you can take them to the park and get some walking or bike riding in.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hi Introvert!
    I'm at home with a "Terrible Two" and an introverted 15yr old myself. Are you on facebook? If so look me up Kate Pickeral pic holding daughter in Va. Doing this mainly on my phone and don't always see messages on there.
  • Savlona
    Savlona Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have two boys and their social lives are better than mine! I tend to cycle everywhere, either with us all on our own bikes or with the boys in my cargo trike. At the moment, I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, which is short enough to be fitted in before the boys get up!
    You can do this - raising children is far harder than losing weight ;)
  • petrulak
    petrulak Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • JoMoMOMx3
    JoMoMOMx3 Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi Introvert!
    I'm at home with a "Terrible Two" and an introverted 15yr old myself. Are you on facebook? If so look me up Kate Pickeral pic holding daughter in Va. Doing this mainly on my phone and don't always see messages on there.

found you and friend request sent! It wouldnt let me message you but I'm Cassi!
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello Jo Mo..

My name is Dances with Wow..

Looks like even my screen name will do the trick..I hear you loud and clear. Im your inner introvert breaking in to let you out....

I might be to much of a bright light, as I have experience on loan from a very powerful source..

Im willing to invest in friendship.. no problem.. i mean active friendship.. all the fast acting tips advice.. short codes, back doors, trap doors, side doors and no shortage of food energy..you need.. in one solid to the bone package..

You see, i dont want you to become a slave to the process.. i want to gift you the physical equivalent of willpower over free will..

If you are needing to looe 100.. I know only 50 pound sis what is needed.. the rest will be water weight and the ability to teach your body how to release lipolytic enzymes..This is the only hormone agent in the body that can communicate with body fat, interprets food energy needs of the body and that can command unwanted body fat to stand down.

I can super teach this.. as I know with three kids.. you have only 6 seconds of processing time to put anything of use for your body to work..

Well..I only need three seconds..to convey deploy and compel. Yes I am that GOOD!

Friend me.. send me your direct email.. I can get you to fat loss light speed in 5 questions or interactions or less..

My name is Dances with Wow

Since I know you probably wont just jump in with me read past posts to see if what I say is sound solid.. and sincere..

Basically i help people just like you , emit, command and exude their life force..:happy:
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Accepted
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello Jo Mo..

Looks like even my screen name will do the trick..I hear you loud and clear. Im your inner introvert breaking in to let you out....

I might be to much of a bright light, as I have experience on loan from a very powerful source..

Im willing to invest in friendship.. no problem.. i mean active friendship.. all the fast acting tips advice.. short codes, back doors, trap doors, side doors and no shortage of food energy..you need.. in one solid to the bone package..

You see, i dont want you to become a slave to the process.. i want to gift you the physical equivalent of willpower over free will..

If you are needing to looe 100.. I know only 50 pound sis what is needed.. the rest will be water weight and the ability to teach your body how to release lipolytic enzymes..This is the only hormone agent in the body that can communicate with body fat, interprets food energy needs of the body and that can command unwanted body fat to stand down.

I can super teach this.. as I know with three kids.. you have only 6 seconds of processing time to put anything of use for your body to work..

Well..I only need three seconds..to convey deploy and compel. Yes I am that GOOD!

Friend me.. send me your direct email.. I can get you to fat loss light speed in 5 questions or interactions or less..

Since I know you probably wont just jump in with me read past posts to see if what I say is sound solid.. and sincere..

Basically i help people just like you , emit, command and exude their life force..:happy:

Can't say for sure but this seems bogus like the start of a scam.
  • JoMoMOMx3
    JoMoMOMx3 Posts: 77
    Options
    I felt the same way as I read it .
    Hello Jo Mo..

• navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm an introvert and mom of 3 (trying to be 4 but I may be getting too old for that) and a geek. I will do my best to support and motivate you, but I tend to go in spurts. Friend me if you want, and good luck on your journey. It sounds like you're off to a good start.
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello Jo Mo..

• DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello Jo Mo..

No Scam....
    or the start of one..

Your entire frame of reference is based on fear, doubt and disbelief ...from the get go..The formula to calculate your protein number ( Pn#) is free..
    its called the thermal effect of food..I revamped it to meet the common end user.. its an exceptional master piece of physio-science

the Formula for the Food frequency is 2 b4 12 and 2 after 2pm..

the metabolic formula for the Replenishment Index (Rpndx) is lengthy but is based on your own food energy plan..

on MFP its called a food diary....

The scam really is that the masses, like sheep, have been lead to believe in just one stream of thought.

Yet fitness by far, is still in the dark ages. The arrogance is if they didint create the help that people need or if medical science didnt script the facts that.. there way is the only way..

The scam is there is another way and always has been.. .. and if you have been watching anything in tech..

we are discovering and uncovering new ways to achieve and to become and improve upon and view things differently ..

Apps have revolutionized how we use our time..People with excuses about fitness have always used no time as an excuse..

Now there is an app that will save you time..so you can be fit..

human nature being what it is still finds an excuse..

Im semi retired because I developed a system that made me 27 times as effective as any personal trainer.alive. with out dvds with out media attention, with out a book, and with out call centers.

My system works better today than it did back them..because the platform back them was not sophisticated enough yet to teach people on the sidelines.. the introverts, the nay sayers, the people who try to reach out but because all the world is a scam..what they yet have not seen or can convince themsleves is real try effortless to not understand,

This keeps them from enjoying the life force wedge deep within the bowels of a pressure cooker known as uncontained discipline..

I accept the blame for being, able to exert pit test and retest my physical equivalent of will power over free will..

as I have already witnessed the weakness , the thin fragile framework fitness rests upon..

and based on the food diarys I took my valuable time and curiosity to review..

You have indeed been scammed..
    but it was not by any thing Im doing..

Life force is in all things.. pure and natural
    Im in MATRIX. and of The Matrix
    I can with ease move as fast as they do... and create my own set of master keys
    I took the red pill..
    But can you?
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Scam or, at best, advertising. He is posting on other topics too. Same thing.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Fellow introvert here. I'm no expert, but I offer advice and encouragement whenever I can. It sounds like you've got some good plans, and I wish you the best.

Feel free to add me if you'd like !
  • CharitaC
    CharitaC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi There Fellow introvert. You definitely don't sound needy to any of us because we know your story. I have several wonderful groups on Facebook and below are just a few. Also I have a blog called www.TheIntrovertAdvocate.com. It' basically for introverts by introverts. If any of you like to write, I would love for you to be a Guest Writer. Just checkout the Guest Writer Guidelines on the site.

Here are the FB groups that I have joined:

Social Introverts
    Introvert Alliance
    Introverts
    When Introvert Create
    Freedom from introverts

Through these sites, I have met local that are introverts as well. This may work for you as well. At least you'll know you have something in common right off the bat.

I am so glad that fellow introverts are stepping up here to welcome you.
  • Finn239
    Finn239 Posts: 5
    Options
    I, too, have over 100 pounds to lose and would love to become 'friends' and help motivate each other. I've not used myfitnesspal as a social network before, which might be one reason my weight loss attempts and logging fail miserably. Please feel free to add me, and let's start this journey!
  • CharitaC
    CharitaC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We are now friends. Be encouraged today and everyday.
  • misserin122
    misserin122 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Fellow introvert right here...feel free to add me! :)
  • lattanicole
    lattanicole Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am quite the introvert too!! It's a hard thing to deal with in life and there is nothing better than conecting with people. I'm here too if you ever need to talk or anything!
  • redzz16
    redzz16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I really can't stand people like this that prey on others that are working and dreaming for something better. I can assure you that 50 of the 100 pounds is NOT water....c'mon. The only real way to do this once and for all is to change the way we eat, and why. Good food...fresh and healthy, not pre-made or pre-packaged. We have to focus on our portion size and use food for what it is intended (to nourish) not for emotional support.....something many of us do. There is no "secret" other than change your life from within for the good of your body, mind and soul. Crackpot! Ignore him.