Not sure why not losing weight very quickly

Options
Been eating very well and continuing to exercise and weight train 4-5xs a week yet the weight is barely coming off and cannot believe how much I have to lose!! I haven't stepped onto a scale since I was pregnant 3 years ago and finally stepped on and literally fainted as to the number on the scale!! I do not look like I weigh that number, haven't ever weighed that much in my life ( except when pregnant) and do not know how I will lose 30 pounds if what I am doing now isn't enough!!! My clothes are looser, my arms are more defined than ever and my waist is smaller, but the pounds are not coming off.I see all of these people losing 5- 7 pounds every few weeks and wonder how they are doing it. I do not want to get discouraged because I know it is a marathon, not a sprint but at this point I would like to see at least a short sprint!!!

Thanks

Replies

• lattanicole
    lattanicole Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had a problem like that and I just wouldn't lose a pound!! it was soooooo discouraging. After about a month it started to fall off! Don't get discouraged you are doing better than millions of people, just give your body a little more time to adjust. Don't forget that you are totaly AMAZING and doing sooooo great!! :)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Also, if you are losing inches, looking slimmer, gaining definition all over, and your clothes are fitting looser...why does it matter what the scale says? :huh: Is anybody going to care? Is anybody going to even know? Throw that scale out, it sits on a throne of lies!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't fast, it's a slow process...just like putting the weight on is a slow process. The people who you see losing weight "fast" generally have a lot to lose. You may perceive 30 lbs as being a lot...but it's not. 30 Lbs to lose you should be looking to really lose no more than about 1 Lb per week or so. As you lean out, it'll go even slower...just the way it is.
  • GoForLew
    GoForLew Posts: 22
    Options
    If you are exercising and weight training that many days of the week and losing inches, you're probably gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so that's probably why the scale is throwing you off.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose much for a while then wosh overnight lost 3.5lbs, so like you said it is a marathon not a sprint. Weight loss isn't linear it will drop it just doesn't always go as fast as we want.