1.0 tbsp(s), Animal fat - Bacon grease
1.0 fruit, Avocado, No Skin or Seed
1.0 tsp(s), Garlic - Raw
0.5 lemon yields, Lemon juice - Raw

1.0 tbsp(s), Oil - Olive
0.5 tsp(s), Spices - Pepper, black
0.5 tsp(s), Garlic Salt
0.5 tsp(s), Spices - Basil, dried

julienne slice the zucchini to resemble noodles. place in a colander, sprinkle with a bit of sea salt, and let sit for about 30 minutes to remove water. pat dry with paper towels to remove excess. heat 1 T bacon fat (or olive oil/butter but bacon adds great flavor ;) cook "noodles" for for about 4 minutes. meanwhile, in a blender, mix 1 avocado, juice of 1/2 a lemon, garlic salt, pepper, basil, garlic, and oil. add sauce to the "noodles", heat through, and serve! delicious!! serves 4 and only comes to 158 calories/serving ;) I also did a variation last night where I cooked the "noodles" with 2 T butter, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, italian seasoning, and then served with a light sprinkle of parmesean. came to around 100 calories/serving. my kids and I love this! so good!

Replies

• Safety_Princess
    Options
    Sounds heavenly! Will definitely be trying this, thanks for sharing!
  • laurabritton54
    laurabritton54 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you are welcome! hope you enjoy! I forgot to add that you can forgo cooking the "noodles" and have them raw if you prefer. it will cut about an extra 100 calories from the recipe (which serves four so around 25 cal/serving will be cut eating them raw). I don't eat it that way because, well, BACON flavor! need I say more!!!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of zucchini noodles, but the sauce sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
  • FrontBoard
    FrontBoard Posts: 15
    Options
    My wife and I do a recipe that is very similar to this that ends up making it raw, vegan, and easier to make.

Our sauce is 1 large or 2 small avocados, some lime juice, 1-2 cloves of pressed garlic, and some salt. Blend the ingredients so the sauce is creamy. The noodles are julienned or spiral cut zucchini, which we keep as raw. Mix the sauce into the noodles and eat.
  • StephVa22
    StephVa22 Posts: 28
    Options
    Try spaghetti squash
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    sounds wonderful!
  • schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thank You :) I will probably have lots of zucchini in my garden this year!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Yum! I'm regretting not growing zucchini this year!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    yummy:)
  • RockStarlaa
    RockStarlaa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oohh I love zucchini!
  • sunitar292
    sunitar292 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • greeneyes972
    Options
    Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Cream Sauce Recipe
    Calories Per Serving

5.0 medium, Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw
    1.0 tbsp(s), Animal fat - Bacon grease
    1.0 fruit, Avocado, No Skin or Seed
    1.0 tsp(s), Garlic - Raw
    0.5 lemon yields, Lemon juice - Raw

1.0 tbsp(s), Oil - Olive
    0.5 tsp(s), Spices - Pepper, black
    0.5 tsp(s), Garlic Salt
    0.5 tsp(s), Spices - Basil, dried

julienne slice the zucchini to resemble noodles. place in a colander, sprinkle with a bit of sea salt, and let sit for about 30 minutes to remove water. pat dry with paper towels to remove excess. heat 1 T bacon fat (or olive oil/butter but bacon adds great flavor ;) cook "noodles" for for about 4 minutes. meanwhile, in a blender, mix 1 avocado, juice of 1/2 a lemon, garlic salt, pepper, basil, garlic, and oil. add sauce to the "noodles", heat through, and serve! delicious!! serves 4 and only comes to 158 calories/serving ;) I also did a variation last night where I cooked the "noodles" with 2 T butter, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, italian seasoning, and then served with a light sprinkle of parmesean. came to around 100 calories/serving. my kids and I love this! so good!

where can you get the kitchen gadget to slice the "noodles" like this? I would love to try this!!
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FrontBoard
    FrontBoard Posts: 15
    Options
    where can you get the kitchen gadget to slice the "noodles" like this? I would love to try this!!

I use either a julienne peeler, spiral slicer, or mandoline to do them. The spiral slicer is the easiest to use and is just like sharpening a pencil. The julienne peeler is very easy as well, I like the noodles it makes more than the spiral slicer. The mandoline is the probably the most hassle but the most versatile for other uses in the kitchen.
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Are you referring to the "spiralizer"? I just ordered one from Amazon yesterday, after watch several youtube videos. I want to try this recipe!
  • imncontrolofme
    imncontrolofme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I will have to give this a try, sounds great!
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump