what do i eat at 3am at night?

Options
its Ramadan and when its 4am we cannot eat anything until its 7pm so thats maybe around 15-17 hours no food nor water and i think im gaining weight since Ramadan started i increased 2kg in just a week and i wanna know that what am i supposed to eat? from the hours 7:20pm to 3:30am?

Replies

• MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The same things you were eating before Ramadan.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No water? Yikes!

Have you tried oatmeal? Red meat, if you eat that. I don't know.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The same things you were eating before Ramadan.

This ^^ I know nothing about Ramadan, but unless it carries dietary restrictions, why not just eat everything you were eating before, just at different times of the day?
  • AutumnElf80
    AutumnElf80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Treat 8pm as breakfast, Midnight as lunch and 3am as dinner. Eat lean proteins and plenty of veggies, fruits and grains.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I would suggest lots of protein, lean meats, fish, eggs, greek yoghurt etc this will help to keep you feeling full, along with lots of veg which will also fill you up. Eat plenty of juicy fruit like melon and oranges to help keep you hydrated.

It must be difficult to adapt your eating habits like that, I hope you get things sorted out.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    When I lived in Saudi Arabia there was a good amount of goat being eaten during Ramadan. I'd go with goat based on what I've seen.
  • Ilgamuth
    Ilgamuth Posts: 17
    Options
    Do you eat with family or do you make your own meals? I don't know where you're from, so I don't know what customs sorrounding breaking the fast you have, but the advice I gave a co worker about not gaining weight during ramadan was to bake things instead of frying, try to avoid starchy carbs like bread and white rice and eat a lot of vegetables. And of course to drink enough water.

What's your calorie goal? Are you planning on losing weight or just not gaining?

And remember to get enough sleep!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Fruit (melons, pineapple, oranges, . . . ) so you can be hydrated during the day.