Do you have a Fitbit success story?

Options
I am really thinking about getting a Fitbit flex.. Do you have weight loss story you would like to share?

Replies

• Brodybee
    Brodybee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit flex as well and i love it....i didn't get mine till a month into my weight loss journey. i will say that the weight is coming off faster since it keeps me motivated to move more. also the dashboard really makes me feel like i have to earn my calories to eat....starting the morning off it says i only have 600 to eat (this is just when i wake up so no movement yet)....so even though i'd never eat that low it makes me get off my *kitten* so there's a more acceptable amount of calories to eat.
  • Rinker2bFit
    Rinker2bFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm with Brodybee, it has really motivated me to get up and move throughout the day. In the evening time, if I haven't hit my miles or steps goal, I go for a walk after dinner.
  • ReneR4
    ReneR4 Posts: 42
    Options
    I've lost 16 lbs since I bought my fitbit 4 months ago. That is in addition to eating healthier and exercising.
    I do find encouragement from it to do more things just to get more steps, so it has definitely been beneficial for me.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. It motivates you to meet your goals everyday. I bought mine a little over a week ago.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my fitbit ONE. Have had it for two years and wear it faithfully. I didn't really have much weight to lose, but I was interested in getting more active throughout the day.
    Since I got it, the following people in my family have one: mom, dad, brother, sister, sister-in-law (who recently lost 75 pounds!), 2 nephews, 1 niece and my neighbour. Honestly, we could be the poster children for fitbit! We need to be on an ad! :) It's so much fun taunting each other and competing for steps! LOL I love how the one also has a "silent alarm"!
  • MlissaB
    MlissaB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and love it. I just got it 5 weeks ago and I use it in conjunction with MFP and it seems to help. On days I don't make my step goal I feel guilty so I've started getting up earlier to get a full hour (4 miles) on the treadmill before going to work. It's great to see the green on the dashboard.

There is also a community group on the fitbit site for people using both, a little competition never hurts either! ;)
  • MlissaB
    MlissaB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and love it. I just got it 5 weeks ago and I use it in conjunction with MFP and it seems to help. On days I don't make my step goal I feel guilty so I've started getting up earlier to get a full hour (4 miles) on the treadmill before going to work. It's great to see the green on the dashboard.

There is also a community group on the fitbit site for people using both, a little competition never hurts either! :wink:
  • buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Mine is a success story in progress.... I got a fitbit one for Christmas last year, and have regularly done my 10,000 steps every day since then (seriously, there are about 5 days that I didn't reach the 10,000, mainly cos of surgery!).

The fitibit on it's own wasn't enough to get the weight coming off, which is when I discovered MFP. Together it's working ;) To be honest, I sort of see it as MFP keeping my weight coming off, and fitbit keeping me happy - prior to fitbit I would be lucky to walk 3000 steps a day, and suffered from back pain - regularly getting my 10,000 steps keeps me happy, and with no pain. Just got the fitbit scales yesterday, loving them so far :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!