Herbalife - good or bad??

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    ANY plan of CALORIE DEFICIT works if one will stick to it. Whether it's Herbalife, Shakeology, Body by Vi, etc., they all have one thing in common and that's calorie deficit is needed to lose weight. Thing is you PAY THEM for product to do this.

Approach should be a plan that one can stick to FOR LIFE. Because if it's not, then weight regain will happen. That's why 90% of all people who use dieting plans of shakes, pre prepped meals, supplements etc. fail............it's not a sustainable plan monetarily or once one reaches goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Nice 1st post thread necro from a 2 year old account!

tumblr_m18pzxnpzh1r3v6uvo1_500.gif
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are using Herbalife. I like it because I don't have to put a lot of effort or thought into it. I worry about being able to transition off it, but at least I'm aware and I'm learning so that I can avoid weight gain. I just did the math - We have spent $425 so far on the shakes, we don't use the vitamins or anything. We've been doing it for 65 days, which is 260 meals which works out to be about $1.65 a meal.. which is cheaper than Subway.

Also we cut about $50-75 a week out of our grocery budget because we aren't buying stuff for lunches or junk food. When you factor in a savings of $50 a week at the grocery store, Herbalife is actually cheaper for us.
  • Natalieweis
    Options
    I agree with almost every comment I've read....Yes, it can be cheaper AND easier to use ANY protein shake as a meal replacement...NOT just Herbalife. and I think it's an excellent way (taking a protein supplement shake for meals) to teach yourself control and calorie input. My question that I did not see anybody put out there is this....Have any of you read what is IN Herbalifes products?! that's what we need to learn to be focused on. there are so many sugars and chemical ingredients in not only Herbalife, but in SOOOOOOOO much of what eat. Did you know that there are certain ingredients we (our government) allows in our foods that are actually ILLEGAL to use in foods in other countries?! and I'm not blaming anybody that takes these products or eats these foods , bc not everyone is educated on what is put in our foods, or how it's processed....even fruits and vegetables. I could go on and on, but, take a look at the ingredient list in what you're actually putting into your body. use the internet as a resource too if you're not sure what it is!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Nice 1st post thread necro from a 2 year old account!

tumblr_m18pzxnpzh1r3v6uvo1_500.gif

Wow, didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. Why won't people just let a thread rest in peace?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    From what I hear-herbalife products can be bought cheaper from bodybuilder.com and so forth. Just figure out the supplements they have and trade in from a less pricey source.

HAHAHAHA whoever has not gone to bodybuilder.com needs to check it out asap LOL
  • Natalieweis
    Options
    bc if it's important and helps people with their Health and can help them make an informed decision, then I don't care if it is an old post. and I know about Herbalife, that's y I searched it...I wanted to hear from others about it. thanks!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    If you like soy and sugar...
  • ErnestDecker
    Options
    Herbalife is a company which sells the product relevant to the weight loss and health through the different marketing distributors. There are various products of herbalife are available in the market for weight loss. Herbalife is good if you are looking it from the health point of view, it is really good for weight loss program and for health. If you want join it.
  • monaindia24
    Options
    Its really bad, plz dont use it, its very expensive and very slow product,
    My overall exercise was really bad and horrible, u can do yoga , exercises, concentrating on food habbits, plz dont spoil ur time money, u will hurt finally, its not good as much as they says, I m cheated by herblife distributer, they brock my trust , lost money , wastage of time ... so its my experience and suggestion that dont use this ....
    I do work little not much as u will expect, I used it and total in lose ....
  • mday2107
    mday2107 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you like soy and sugar...

They make an allergy free shake now. No soy, no dairy and no gluten.
  • mday2107
    mday2107 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    and the "its so expensive" comments drive me crazy.

1 canister of shake mix (I use the allergy free version-no soy, no dairy and no gluten-due to lactose intolerance) is $44 which provides 30 shakes. $44 / 30 = $1.46 per shake
    The almond milk I mix mine with is appx. 8 servings for roughly $4 depending on where I buy it that week. $4 / 8 = .50 per serving

$1.46 + $.50 = $1.96 per meal X 2 (I drink a shake twice daily) = $3.92 per day

even if I factor the shipping in, which is roughly $12.00 when I buy two canisters at a time, that would work out to 1.66 per shake before factoring in the almond milk...
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Its bad, cant think of a worse way to try and lose the kg, once you stop it all goes back on, its not sustainable to replace meals and have shakes instead of food, just do it the normal way and keep it of for good, more protein less carbs, eat 5 - 6 times a day (small meals or snacks) and exercise.

Not necessarily, when you stop the shakes, if you've learnt healthy eating ways then you can implement them and maintain being at a lower weight.
    Also more protein and less carbs isn't necessarily true either. Protein is a must and help with satiety, so increase it by all means, but carbs are perfectly fine, I hit anywhere between 200-400g of carbs a day and can still lose weight, it's all about making the right choices.
    Low carb works for some people, but carbs are your bodies preferred energy source, i'd never lower or restrict them in any way!
  • Kittymarie83
    Kittymarie83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree...so easy, much cheaper and all you really need in the beginning is shake and tea. Hope this works for you. Marne

I agree ... i used herbal life and lost 40lbs in 3 months. I didnt take all of the pills just the tea and replacement shakes (plus exercise). Good Luck
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    It's a fad diet, the end. It won't give you lasting results, and you'll waste money on a subpar product.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I might think it is useless, but the reality is, if it works for you to lose weight then by all means use it. The fact is though, you can get exactly the same results with a normal reduced calorie lifestyle. It is the same with ALL weight lose products and fitness or exercise fads. They are ALL based on reduced calorie intake.

But again, the BEST plan to lose weight is the one you will stick to.

Now, once you lose the weight you want, then you get to the challenge that people who just live a reduced calorie lifestyle learn to begin with, which is eating healthy. If you do not do this, you will gain the weight back. Or you can just live your life though shakes.

My .02.
  • kirstynelee
    kirstynelee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Herbalife for over a year now, and for people saying its just shakes and you never eat, that's balls! You eat 5 times a day (including 2 shakes) so never feel hungry !!
    Personal, i have a lot more energy, my skin is clearer and hair is healthier as the shakes and healthy eating is providing me with all the right vitamins and minerals that i need !
    I had stopped using it for a while and even eating crap now and again i still didn't put the weight back on!! To the people who say they come off it and put weight back on - YOUR OBVIOUSLY GOING TO PUT WEIGHT ON IF YOU GO BACK TO YOUR BAD EATING HABBITS! If you come off it you just carry on eating healthy and replace your shakes for a healthy alternative !
    Hope this helps.
    #herbalifeisthebest
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    2 years later and Herballife is still poo.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Herbalife for over a year now, and for people saying its just shakes and you never eat, that's balls! You eat 5 times a day (including 2 shakes) so never feel hungry !!
    Personal, i have a lot more energy, my skin is clearer and hair is healthier as the shakes and healthy eating is providing me with all the right vitamins and minerals that i need !
    I had stopped using it for a while and even eating crap now and again i still didn't put the weight back on!! To the people who say they come off it and put weight back on - YOUR OBVIOUSLY GOING TO PUT WEIGHT ON IF YOU GO BACK TO YOUR BAD EATING HABBITS! If you come off it you just carry on eating healthy and replace your shakes for a healthy alternative !
    Hope this helps.
    #herbalifeisthebest

Strong first post
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    So many MLM salespeople in this thread, mind boggled. Herbalife is a scam :(