McDonalds vs. Wendy's salad.. Which do you prefer/recommend?

Options
I had a salad from Wendy's and McDonalds. I had a Southwestern Grilled chicken salad from McDomalds.. very filling and a Spicy Caesar salad that was really good!

McDonalds salads:
Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken
Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled
Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken
Bacon Ranch Salad with Crispy
Southwest Salad with Crispy Chicken
Caesar Salad with Crispy Chicken
Southwest Salad (w/o Chicken)
Bacon Ranch Salad (w/o Chicken

Wendy's salads:
Apple pecan chicken Salad
Baja Salad
BLT Cobb Salad
Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad

My partner is concerned w/ me eating salads from FastFood places... What do yo think? I don't eat them offen. I had one Saturday, Wednesday and I am going to have one today!

I need you alls opinion...? :)

Replies

• lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    The salads themselves are good (but get the grilled chicken instead of crispy if you have to have chicken); it's the salad dressings that usually load up the calories and fat! The Wendy's spicy caesar salad is made with fried chicken - no bueno!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You have to be careful about eating salads esp from fast food resturants. Often times, the salads become unhealthy with all the added toppings and dressing such as cheese, bacon, croutons, etc. . Go to the resturants' website and check out the nutritional value. Also make sure that the salads are made with green lettuce or spinach and not iceburg lettuce (it lacks nutrients).

Hope this helps
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thank you all! So A subway salad is better b/c I can create it myself?
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yes. The good thing about subway is they have a nutritonal pamphlet in the store so u can know exactly what to get and what not to.
  • mhowe86
    mhowe86 Posts: 37
    Options
    I stay the hell away from both! Too much temptation!
  • Monroe121
    Options
    Yes. The good thing about subway is they have a nutritonal pamphlet in the store so u can know exactly what to get and what not to.

Subway it IS!!! Thank YOU! Now I can tell my partner you wonderful people strayed me away from Mc and Wendy! :)
  • Monroe121
    Options
    I stay the hell away from both! Too much temptation!

Ha ha I love it!
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I love the McDonald's southwest salad with grilled chicken. It's pretty healthy for a fast food item. I like it so much I have recreated at home for meals!
    -And nutritional info for it is on the McD's website.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I love fast food salads I modify them once I get home by taking off certain things but just beware most of them are LOADED WITH SODIUM
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    I worked at MCD, the grilled chicken is horrible for you. if is sprayed with more butter than you could imagine. order it with out chicken and stick to lowfat dressing. Order a yogurt to go with it.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    yeah I would say, make your own salad :) do you know when that lettuce was last alive? it was probably weeks ago before being shipped in crates to your mc d's. and all the junk on top. yuck. I like to make salad at home with romaine, spinach, cranberry, some nuts and a little oil and vin. if the issue is that you MUST eat at a fast food joint because it is your one and only option, then yeah, a salad is probably the best choice. but if you have any other options, take those :)
  • jdmacfam
    Options
    I like the 1/2 Spicy Chicken Caesar salad at Wendy's - 420 calories & very filling. I haven't had the McD's ones.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with Wendy's Baja Salad! I get the half order, chili on the side and usually a grilled chicken snack wrap.
  • sarahmckinley
    sarahmckinley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the baja from wendy's without the tortilla strips, dressing, or guac (I just don't like the guac!)...you don't need dressing because there's chili and salsa on it! I get the half size and a small chili (it's the pick two thing) and it's pretty good as far as calories, fat, etc.
  • sarahmckinley
    sarahmckinley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with Wendy's Baja Salad! I get the half order, chili on the side and usually a grilled chicken snack wrap.

haha--great minds think alike!
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like both but I prefer Wendy's salad. I usually get the Apple Pecan Salad and I only use one packet of salad dressing instead of two. If I order a McDonald's salad I get my chicken grilled to cut down on cals and grease. I like the BLT from McDonalds and Wendys.
  • DaisyBayberry
    Options
    I never really like the McDonald's salads. Not too tasty, or fresh tasting. I really like Wendy's Apple/pecan salad. I do not use any dressing, and it is still delicious. I do eat the sugary pecans though! :wink: I usually get the half size salad at Wendy's and I am glad their specialty salads have the half size option. I also get a baked potato plain with it. Pretty yummy!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Wendy's half-size chicken apple pecan salad- I'm not much of a lettuce eater, but the rest of the ingredients disguise it really well. I also don't eat dressing, so it's only about 250 calories for the entire thing.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I had a salad from Wendy's and McDonalds. I had a Southwestern Grilled chicken salad from McDomalds.. very filling and a Spicy Caesar salad that was really good!

McDonalds salads:
    Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken--320
    Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled --260
    Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken--220
    Bacon Ranch Salad with Crispy --370
    Southwest Salad with Crispy Chicken--430
    Caesar Salad with Crispy Chicken--330
    Southwest Salad (w/o Chicken)--140
    Bacon Ranch Salad (w/o Chicken --140

Wendy's salads:
    Apple pecan chicken Salad--350
    Baja Salad--550
    BLT Cobb Salad--460
    Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad--450

My partner is concerned w/ me eating salads from FastFood places... What do yo think? I don't eat them offen. I had one Saturday, Wednesday and I am going to have one today!

I need you alls opinion...? :)