clothes! clothes! and clothes! cheap ideas??

Options
salvationsdying
salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
I am in need of some "new" clothes. I am only 40 of my 120 pounds down. I would like to get me some new jeans, tank tops, and under clothes. I figure for the jeans id try thrift stores. But the tanktops and under clothes I'm not sure where to get them cheap. As id like them new. I don't want to spend much since I have a ways to go and in 6 months they will probably all be getting to big. I've always been the girl to wear a tank top under my tshirt no matter what. I don't often wear them outside tho. With out them I feel naked. So I really gotta find me some lol. Any ladies find cheaper places to go?

Replies

• salvationsdying
    Options
    Bump?
  • delphinese
    delphinese Posts: 12
    Options
    I love outlet stores. In my state, we have Bealls Outlet, where a bunch of department stores send the stuff that didn't sell. A pair of jeans brand name for $10-15 is pretty common, and tanks are less than $5. Selection varies obviously, but it is my go-to. Kohls and Kmart have sales all the time too.
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Do you have a forever 21 close by? They have tanks and jeans that are pretty cheap. jeans are 8 and tanks range from 2-5. My daughter loves them and they carry larger sizes too.
  • laur917
    laur917 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the tanks tops at Family dollar. I usually wear a spaghetti strap tank under most things and ive found that the ones made by their company are actually longer than most and usually around $6 each. and sometimes you can find seasonal ones on clearance.
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've mostly just been shopping sale racks. The worst for me right now is bras - nothing that comes cheap fits well, but I'd hate to spend money on new ones only to have them nearly useless within a few months (which *just* happened - bought a couple before I started losing, they still fit but just barely, ugh).
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Ross, Burlington, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Walmart (always cheap for tank tops)
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ross, Burlington, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Walmart (always cheap for tank tops)

All this but Walmart. We don't have one around (shocking, right?) and hit up Target more often than not.

I find Loft is pretty figure flattering, too. And they have some good sales, every so often.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I would do Ross. You can usually find them for like6$, walmart, kmart
  • angiez93
    angiez93 Posts: 63
    Options
    My favorite for cheap staple clothing is Old Navy! I think I got a basic tank there the other day for something like $3! Given they aren't the best quality, but it's perfect for losing weight.
    Forever 21, Wet Seal, Torrid work as well. Places like Marshall's or Ross are also good, if you don't mind doing a bit of digging :) Good luck and congrats on your progress!!
  • b4tb4t
    b4tb4t Posts: 30
    Options
    I get most of my stuff at ON from the clearance racks. Always tons of cute tanks and tees! :)
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    H&M has pretty cheap tank tops!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of good stuff on ebay.com
  • heh7370
    heh7370 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Walmart has some cheap tank tops in fun patterns, and some nice solid colors too!
  • prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I wandered into a Charlotte Russe in the mall the other day and they had bra tanks/camis for $2.99
  • sparklenglitter
    sparklenglitter Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Check out Amazon.com
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Clearance racks are my go-to! I look for sales everywhere I go.
    Gen X is my favorite for quality cheap tank tops and shirts. They have jeans too but I don't know what they are like, I don't wear jeans.
    I am not sure if you are opposed to used clothing but there is tons of options if you are open to that.
  • loristory1970
    loristory1970 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Uniqlo online uniqlo.com and Cato fashions online.
  • salvationsdying
    Options
    I love the tanks tops at Family dollar. I usually wear a spaghetti strap tank under most things and ive found that the ones made by their company are actually longer than most and usually around $6 each. and sometimes you can find seasonal ones on clearance.

Lol, I used to work at family dollar, that's where just about all my tanks came from! I used to buy them when I did the clothes markdowns! Best time to hit them up.
  • salvationsdying
    Options
    Do you have a forever 21 close by? They have tanks and jeans that are pretty cheap. jeans are 8 and tanks range from 2-5. My daughter loves them and they carry larger sizes too.

I think there's a forever 21 at the mall close to me. I'll have to look. Thanks :)
  • salvationsdying
    Options
    Theres a goodwill down the street from my house I'm going to try for jeans. I never thought to look at walmart for tanks, there's one right beside good will. As for the other stores I've never even been in burlington but I keep hearing good things and I think ill have to check them out. Most of the other stores I've never heard of so ill have to google locations close by and check them out. I've never liked to buy clothes because its embarrassing going threw the largest area in the store and still not finding much. I hate the feeling of coming out of a dressing room knowing nothing you just tried on fits!

Thanks ladies for your ideas!