Anyone out there a Vegan?

Options
Hi! looking for a Vegan community to chat about being active, good protein snacks and just all around Vegan topics.

Replies

• jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jodi and I have been a vegan for the past 2 years and a vegetarian for the past 7.

It is not easy to reach your protein macros being a vegan as well as stay on the lower end of the carbs to lose the weight. have managed to somedays do better than others.

how are you doing getting in your protein being a vegan?
  • FauxFoxx
    FauxFoxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    < Vegan. :)
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    yup Vegan here....hows it going? are you able to get all your protein in withuot going to the soy products? I had to result to make shakes during the day with my meals. what about you?
  • FauxFoxx
    Options
    Pretty easy to get your protein. I have a pea based protein shake in the morning. Have a nice big salad for lunch with a chopped up soy chikin patty (from boca, its vegan!). For snacks, peanut butter is a great way to get your healthy fats and protein. Dinner is easy with tofu, tempeh, or another soy product and some veggies. I myself am a huge fan of "mock meats" but, it's up to you. There are plenty of protein rich vegetables out there that are not soy derived!
  • AllisonJanes
    Options
    Hi! I get a lot of protein from quinoa and chickpeas. Also almonds and nut butters. We love sunflower butter here as well. Also hemp hearts are another source. I'm with you though, I stay away from anything made with soy.
  • FauxFoxx
    Options
    Also, it's a myth that soy will give you cancer or breast cancer in women. In fact, for men it helps prevent prostate cancer!
  • amandakatebanana
    amandakatebanana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love beans, so I find it actually quite easy. I also love nuts. For carbs, I do brown rice, or flourless breads. Ezikiel brand is really good.
  • amandakatebanana
    Options
    I find too much Soy affects my throat.
  • amandakatebanana
    Options
    Ill look for unsweetened Sunflower butter.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan since I was 19, and raw vegan for the last 8 years. I don't give protein a second thought, since I eat a ridiculous amount of nuts and seeds. Feel free to add me- my diary is open and I post every day.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    HCLF Vegan over here!!! :bigsmile:
  • 05suu
    05suu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Why don't you set up a group, and we can all join..Can never find the threads again on the message boards!!!!
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Plant based diet here as well... always looking for more herbivore pals :)
  • greenwrapgirl
    Options
    People don't need nearly as much protein as they think. You really only need 5 to 6 percent of your calories to contain protein. The FDA guidelines are somewhat arbitrary and not completely scientifically based. You don't have to count the amount of protein you get as long as you're eating a well-rounded, whole food diet. If you're eating enough calories, you're getting enough protein.
  • meparker757
    meparker757 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been a Vegan for the past year. So far so good, the weight has been coming off and I feel great!
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I am a semivegan, I don't eat meat but I do eat fish and cheese. feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Aedreana here, vegan since 1971. I eat Ezekiel bread too. But my favorite is Subway white bread, on a veggie footlong. I am a vegan because I am opposed to the murder of nonhuman creatures for any reason. I don't cook except to fry potatoes or heat food in the microwave so I cannot offer any recipes. I am vegan for ethical reasons, not health reasons; therefore, I cannot offer nutrition suggestions. I smoke cigarettes and avoid all exercise. My diet, my lifestyle, my philosophy and values system all boil down to the fact that I oppose the murder of nonhuman creatures; IT DEFINES ME.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Aedreana here, vegan since 1971. I eat Ezekiel bread too. But my favorite is Subway white bread, on a veggie footlong. I am a vegan because I am opposed to the murder of nonhuman creatures for any reason. I don't cook except to fry potatoes or heat food in the microwave so I cannot offer any recipes. I am vegan for ethical reasons, not health reasons; therefore, I cannot offer nutrition suggestions. I smoke cigarettes and avoid all exercise. My diet, my lifestyle, my philosophy and values system all boil down to the fact that I oppose the murder of nonhuman creatures; IT DEFINES ME.

Nuclear power and cash crops contribute to nonhuman death.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Believe me, I suffer over the prospect that dust mites could possibly be living in the house and that I might be murdering them when I clean the house and wash clothes and take out the trash. They say dust mites are invisible. It bothers me a lot.
  • veganstephanie
    veganstephanie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    right here for 9 years. pretty easy here getting my protein at least for me. lots of veggies, nuts, etc. fake meats have a lot as well, but a lot of sodium so you have to be careful. there is PB2, it's a low cal peanut butter powder that mixes with water to make peanut butter. it's great for peanut butter smoothies too. feel free to friend me everyone.