Someone please kick my butt

Options
Been doing this since January, properly worked out my BMR etc in March and then properly worked out how to log a month later and then started cardio then lifting, understanding the benefits of both. Slacked off the fitness in June but kept the deficit going, lost 11 pounds averaging just under 1lb a week, slower than I'd like but it's something.

Middle of June comes, it's my birthday, couple of days at maintenance and a few over most likely but been back on it since Sunday. Made the very deadly curiosity of the scale, not weighed for 19 days, hopped on.

I've gained 14lb, I've started lifting again this week so know some of it will be that, I'm not high on sodium, I track really well using entries with no * nothing generic, all recipes are my own, I weigh every single solid and measure every single liquid.

But seeing that just now makes me want to quit....and yes I'm feeling sorry for myself. Someone slap me.

Replies

• Hammybone
    Hammybone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    *Slap*
  • emkelsall
    emkelsall Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Double kick to the booty. First one for falling off the wagon. Second one for beating yourself up about it. It happens, just get back on track :smile:
  • dooneycoletti
    Options
    Hi I'm Dooney. Consider your butt kicked... hope it helped. We all have bad days, just make the next day a new start and forget the rest.:happy:
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    What will quitting do for you? You are not alone - it's July and I'm still trying to shed the several holiday pounds I gained. Just keep showing up, logging everything, water, exercise, fruits, veggies. We can lose the weight - if we really want to.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Does not compute. A lot is probably water weight from the splurges. Quitting is lame. I didn't even give up when I got sick and had to have me head cut open. :wink: :heart:
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Slap yourself. No one can do this for you. You gained the weight through your own choices, you have to lose it that way too.
  • ClintonnGottaDoItAgain
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have been through this as well. You have to ban the scale sometimes. You know how to lose weight. Just tweak your program and drink some water. Your body will get on board and you will start losing weight again.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you quit, you will continue to be as fat as you are now. If you keep working out, you probably won't be after a while. Do you want to continue being the weight that you are now?
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    *Slap*

Thanks!
    Double kick to the booty. First one for falling off the wagon. Second one for beating yourself up about it. It happens, just get back on track :smile:

Very good point, thank you!
    Hi I'm Dooney. Consider your butt kicked... hope it helped. We all have bad days, just make the next day a new start and forget the rest.:happy:

It did, it did, guess mine was near to a bad week but I'm viewing this as a lifelong thing so yup 1 week is a drop in the ocean in comparison I guess!
    What will quitting do for you? You are not alone - it's July and I'm still trying to shed the several holiday pounds I gained. Just keep showing up, logging everything, water, exercise, fruits, veggies. We can lose the weight - if we really want to.

True, quitting will only make me more angry at myself. I won't give up!
    Does not compute. A lot is probably water weight from the splurges. Quitting is lame. I didn't even give up when I got sick and had to have me head cut open. :wink: :heart:

Haha, good for you!! That's determination for sure :) And yeah 14lb in 19 days doesn't compute to me either but similar has happened to me in the past (last year when I was having short term spans of weight loss) and I had to fight to get it back off unlike water weight but in all honesty I wasn't consistent then, I am now so here's hoping!
    Slap yourself. No one can do this for you. You gained the weight through your own choices, you have to lose it that way too.

True that, hence coming on here for a bit of motivation ;)
    I know how you feel. I have been through this as well. You have to ban the scale sometimes. You know how to lose weight. Just tweak your program and drink some water. Your body will get on board and you will start losing weight again.

True, in all honesty I kinda wish I'd told the bf to hide the scales! I told myself I wouldn't weigh until this friday (usual weigh in day) but noooooooooooo I had to look didn't I!! And thank you, I'm sure it will, was just having a mini panic. I suffer from depression and anxiety and can blow things out of proportion fast in my own mind sometimes.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    If you quit, you will continue to be as fat as you are now. If you keep working out, you probably won't be after a while. Do you want to continue being the weight that you are now?

No and no, you're right, I know deep down I have to keep going. :)
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    everything you do is a matter of choice..when i stay away from the scale i gain weight by the time i get back on it so hiding from the scale does not mean you will lose weight or maintain it .. choose to do the right thng if you are serious about losing weight or it will never happen
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

this.

make some goals, commit to reaching your goals. it's just like anything else in life you make committed goals for: do you just give up and quit at a setback or do you piuck yourslef up and keep workign towards the goal.

oh and pity parties dont burn extra calories :smile:

cute kitteh by the way!