I'm interested in getting to know you one on one.

Options
Why are you here? What's your goal? What caused you to make this change?

Replies

• Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I want to weigh atleast 150. I am tired of being out of breathe all the time. I just had to get on medicine for high blood pressure and high pulse. I have to go take tests for that. I know it's from me being out of shape i know it is. I am on here to find friends to help each other.
  • Sherilynn1
    Sherilynn1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am here to shed about 15-20 pounds. It helps me to keep tracked of what i eat, in order to loose weight and be accountable. I work out 3-5 times per week, so i know by following my daily calories it will come off.
  • MizzFitness
    MizzFitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Cortx- Good for you! I know you can do it! I was close to meds for high blood pressure & turned it around in less than 3 months. It just takes loving yourself enough to push through when you'd rather hit snooze.

Sherilynn1- Awesome! So many people don't realize that extra 100 calories a day can add up to 10lbs a year! Less than a lb a month, you'd barely notice it. Accountability is key! Be sure to feed your body good nutrition with those calories. Indulge once in a while when you've really earned it.
  • MizzFitness
    Options
    My computer's double-posting. I'll be back later. I still would love to get to know you all!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm here because I'm fat. My goal is to lost 90 lbs. because I'm tired of being fat! :-)
  • LosingTheInches
    Options
    Just joined the online community of MFP, I usually use the Ipod App to record what i eat and my exercise. I am hoping to lose about 20 pounds to reach my goal weight. I joined the gym in hopes to tone up by summer (we will see how i do hahah). I have recently lost about 30 pounds and I wont stop now! :):)
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm here because a couple of friends recommended the site and it's the most frustration-free food log I've tried to date. I had a baby in May and have gotten nowhere losing the weight and we finally have a predictable enough routine I can start exercising again.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am here because I don't like what the mirror shows me. This is not who I am, and certainly not what i want to project to the rest of the world. I want to change what the mirror shows me-and this seems like a great place to be to reach that goal!
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of myself at my son's 18th birthday in the summer. I was shocked at what I saw. Deep inside I knew I needed to change and somehow always found excuses. The picture shocked me and I was feeling so tired and unhealthy...it was time to do this.
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm here because I've always wanted to weigh like 110lbs.
    I have a small frame, I just wish I had a small tummy.
    I'm only 5'4, I shouldn't weigh 170 :(

I just want to feel cute, and I hate that I've gained so much weight lately.
    I just want to like myself.
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    I'm here because I knew I needed to change. I had finally gotten to the point that the "pain of change was less than the pain of remaining the same". I had an aha moment, when I went to a ball game with my husband, and wanted to cry after walking half a mile! I was winded, in pain, out of breath, and couldn't stand myself anymore (couldn't stand seeing myself in photos either). that is when I was ready to change. Now, 18 pounds lighter, 5 miles of walking a day later, 4 sizes smaller and eating so well that my body actually heals faster, I can honestly say I've gotten my life back!!! Everyone around me can't believe the change, and I've been able to motivate those around me to change as well! It's been so rewarding!
  • MizzFitness
    Options
    I'm here because I'm fat. My goal is to lost 90 lbs. because I'm tired of being fat! :-)

What are you doing exercise wise, food? What motivates you?