Please talk me out of this for dinner...

Options
It's been a rough day studying for the bar and caring for an 11 week old who has not napped all day. I technically have enough weight watchers points left for a brownie and a glass of wine for dinner, but I know a piece of salmon and the green salad I planned is the better option....can anyone relate and have any advice?? I know this sounds silly but after a day like today sometimes a girl just needs a red wine and a bath!

Replies

• zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    id say have the salad AND the wine!!!
  • Angelica0530
    Options
    Now that's an idea... I was also thinking of splitting the brownie with my hubz or just saving the other half for tomorrow. I'd go 1 or 2 points above my daily allotment, but I have over 40 weekly bonus points left so I guess I'd still be in alright shape... I don't want to slow down any fat burning though...gahhh the struggle.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't think it's an "either/or" situation. This situation calls for a little wine (or 1/2 the brownie, whichever is more "important" to you), but eat the salad, too. That'd be my compromise choice.
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely have the wine and whatever else you can live with. :) Mmm... maybe I'll do a glass of wine tonight too! :drinker:
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Have the brownie. Live a little.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a glass of wine & half the brownie. If you are anything like me, if you don't have the brownie (at least half of it), it will just be on your mind & you will probably eat it all?

Enjoy what ever decision you make :smile:
  • Angelica0530
    Options
    Chocolate is always on my mind :love:
  • carebearrum
    carebearrum Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Depends on the size of the brownie, If you can eat just a little to stifle that craving for it then go for it. Then have the wine and that bath as it sounds like you need that. :wink:
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    forget the salad, forget the salmon, forget the brownie...
    Go for the wine!
  • akbp77
    akbp77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure I'd be able to resist the brownie... you seem to have more willpower than I do right now, so I'll suggest the wine and the salad :)
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I won't be much help on this because I can't talk you out of it. Salmon, green salad, 1/2 glass of wine, 1/2 brownie. Sometimes you just need some chocolate and wine, even if you go over a little.
  • Mitsuo8
    Mitsuo8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Eating one brownie did not make you want to lose weight in the first place, and it will not ruin your success. Have your dinner and your wine and if you still feel like it have the brownie. One little treat is not going to make or break you.
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm having a brownie tonight, coconut pecan. You should have yours too! And the wine and the salmon because it has more protein than the salad. And drink some water. If you have 40 extra points, I say eat it all. Keep your body guessing! :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    It's been a rough day studying for the bar and caring for an 11 week old who has not napped all day. I technically have enough weight watchers points left for a brownie and a glass of wine for dinner, but I know a piece of salmon and the green salad I planned is the better option....can anyone relate and have any advice?? I know this sounds silly but after a day like today sometimes a girl just needs a red wine and a bath!

Have the brownie and glass of wine, if that is what you want. Today is just one day, tomorrow start afresh.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

Have the brownie and glass of wine, if that is what you want. Today is just one day, tomorrow start afresh.

Sorry for the double post, my computer suddenly locked up
  • Shihpoonut
    Shihpoonut Posts: 28
    Options
    Don't eat the brownie! Eat the salmon. It is so healthy for you and your brain. If you're anything like me, there will probably be lots of desserts to eat over the holiday weekend. And I would have the wine too. Great for your heart health. but like you said you do have your WW flex points, so use those for the brownie, if you want something sweet.

And good for you for studying for the bar and taking care of a baby!!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i'd go for the brownie... well, i tend to break up my food, so i'd probably go for half the brownie, half the fish and the wine, then walk off the extra calories.